Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nuance pro size?
Nuance pro size?
I have found the Nuance Pro nasal pilllows to be my favorite. One odd thing. The Medium size feels like it fits best, I don't hear or feel any leaks, by Sleepyhead says "Periods of Major mask leakage." OK, so I switched to Large. Now I have to wiggle it around, and tighten iot, and generally mess around so I don't hear/feel leakage, BUT Sleepyhead says "minor major leakage."

How come the medium FEELS like it fits best, but Sleepyhead says the Large fits best? Dont-know

I know, dumb question, but it really seems odd to me. Thinking-about
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nuance pro size?
Could you please post your daily charts please.  Including your leak rate charts.  That would really help us evaluate your leaks.

Tthanks
The h poo w too is in my signature
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2017, 07:17 AM)bonjour Wrote: Could you please post your daily charts please.  Including your leak rate charts.  That would really help us evaluate your leaks.

Tthanks
The h poo w too is in my signature

You have got to love auto correction

The how to is in my signature
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, This is my first attempt at Imgur, so see how it goes.
http://imgur.com/a/S879Q

Top image is with Large mask, and lower image is with Medium Mask. I enlarged the Leakage window. Hope that is OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
First of all your leak rates are fine despite what they look like, because you have a Respironics machine and how they measure leaks.

And posting is almost perfect.

From IMGUR in the lower right click on 'Large Thumbnail' and then click on copy to BB_POST, then paste.  That will put a readable thumbnail in the post with a link to a larger image.
Pay attention to the section on organization, it suggests an order to the graphs with the more important ones at the top.  I wanted to see the leak chart simply because you question was about leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you say which is better? (Medium or Large)?
Post Reply Post Reply
The numbers sa the large is SLIGHTLY better, but your writeup says the Medium.

I would use the medium.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks can occur through the mask interface or from a mouth leak. The best mask fits and lets you get the best sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I used the large last night, and although to get it set, I have to "diddle" more with position, I did get the best night's sleep in weeks. Had hernia surgery last Tuesday, so have been sore.
Post Reply Post Reply
Use the medium. My mediums died and I am using large. I get a slightly better seal (probably because the mediums were, like, way too old) but I dislike them.

Use what is comfortable and gets you to sleep without fiddling with the mask or waking up to fiddle with it. And don't overtighten. I think it collapses that gel inside and they don't last as long which means the seal gets worse.

For others: so what is the "limit" for his machine? Anything over, say, 60 is considered a large leak? Can't he adjust the limits in the SH options? I know he can put in a red line for that limit so he can tell at a glance what is over.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 333 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Hose [size difference] Johnboy 10 3,789 09-22-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dreamstation 2 SD card size? MontanaGoat 2 679 08-18-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: MontanaGoat
  How to size F30i *frame* before purchasing tfield98 3 799 05-13-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Tube size… robsmuir 2 621 04-02-2023, 10:15 AM
Last Post: robsmuir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.