Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nuance user, just received DreamWear
Nuance user, just received DreamWear
Hi, I started with a Whisp (sp?) mask around 3 weeks ago which worked well but sucked when I turned to my sides.

Bought a Nuance 2 weeks ago and have been using that since - much better and quieter - MUCH easier to turn to my sides, really very very good.

Odd balance though between M size which feels perfect but for some weird reason wakes me up 4 hours later with pain in my left nostril, and the L size which works but feels a bit sloppy and I feel it stretches my nostrils - cosmetic maybe but possible that over time my nostrils will become huge because of this? And the front hose connection is something I am still working out.

So bought a Dreamwear, just received it can't wait to try it tonight. Crossing my fingers if it does work this would be as ideal as it can get. Package came with a medium frame, medium nose, plus additional M+ and L nose pieces, although a pamphlet warns against mixing frames with different nose pieces.

Does anyone know if I can try the L nose piece with the M frame? If not why would it be in the sealed package? Not sure I will need to try it just covering my bases.

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nuance user, just received DreamWear
Sorry wrong info: the frame came with an S nose attachment, and 3 additional options: M, Wide-M, and L.

So do I pay attention to the frame vs. nosepiece warning or am I misreading it?
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the first DreamWear that my DME adviser handed out--he only had the medium frame and fitted the small cushion to it. After a couple of months we switched to the small frame which works better for me--my head is small and I don't have much hair. I can't see why mixing the sizes would not be OK--the parts that hook the cushion to the mask are the same size. A person might have a big head and small nose--or a small head and a big nose....
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply yes its logical and all 4 pieces fit. Wondering if the issue is backpressure from the mask itself that could impact the APAP - meaning a larger nostril may need a broader headpiece?

The more I think about this the more comfortable I become that all nosepieces are the same and maybe the mask itself deals with head sizes rather than air volume.

Still the warning label attached to the hose appears to warn against mis-matching parts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 269 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 754 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 195 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? Labromaniac 3 492 11-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 324 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 498 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 572 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.