Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Numbers getting worse, any advice would be appreciated
Numbers getting worse, any advice would be appreciated
Way back, I posted this thread after I had been using my machine for about 2 months.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...une-things

That data was pretty typical and I felt like I was doing pretty well until recently.  My AHI has been up in the 10-25 range most nights and I often wake up feeling awful.

I've been on min 7, max 11 with EPR off for the past 211 days.

Here is last night's data.

https://imgur.com/a/K6iYJ

This seems to be typical the last couple of weeks.  Lots of Central and Unclassified events and my respiration rate is high as well.  I've been fighting mask leaks too, and I don't know how that is affecting everything else.  I'm using the same mask I've been using for the past 6 months.  Not sure why it has decided to leak so much now.

Anyway, I'm tired of feeling awful in the morning and would love some opinions.  I'm calling my doc today to try and get an appointment but would like some thoughts I can use to help my conversation with the doc be more productive.

Thanks to everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Numbers getting worse, any advice would be appreciated
The masks do need replacing as they fail to perform. I'm sure someone will chime in, but I'd be replacing that mask as a first step. [I mean, get a new cushion ASAP]
Post Reply Post Reply
I replace the cushion regularly. I should have made that more clear! I'm a bit foggy headed this morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is pretty bad for leaks and centrals.  Something is pushing your pressure to the top of the range, and I think we need to set a lower maximum pressure to try to isolate what is happening.  I think at this point, I'd be happier to see a few OA than what we see here.   Let's set the maximum pressure back to 9.0 and see if we can recapture some of the better results you had back in May.  Something has significantly changed with your therapy, and you have much greater leaks and it might be worth taking a closer look at the flow-rate wave form to see if we can identify it. 

Please minimize the monthly calendar by clicking on the triangle on the date line.

[Image: bIoDWjB.png]

Here is your chart from May.

[Image: yBw7DbV.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it possible that the headgear is no longer fitting as well as it had been, and needs to be replaced? It is kind of strange that you'd suddenly be having leaks. The only other thing I can think of is oils on your skin (or oil residue on the cushion) interfering with the seal.

Huh
Post Reply Post Reply

Hopefully these images will be helpful.  I will adjust the max pressure down to 9.0 for tonight.  

https://imgur.com/a/SfiSL
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2018, 11:29 AM)kiwii Wrote: Is it possible that the headgear is no longer fitting as well as it had been, and needs to be replaced? It is kind of strange that you'd suddenly be having leaks. The only other thing I can think of is oils on your skin (or oil residue on the cushion) interfering with the seal.

Huh

Kiwii,

Thanks for your input!  

I have thought of this as well and have tried readjusting the headgear and even swapped out the headgear with a backup.  I will keep working at it.

I know over the past 6 months I have gotten a bit lax about daily cleaning, but have been much better about it lately trying to get things under control.

The biggest change (besides the worsening data in sleepyhead) is that I have lost about 20 pounds in the past 6 weeks.  The shape of my face may have changed just enough that my mask is no longer the best fit for me I suppose...  I would hate to have to try to find a mask that fits again....
Post Reply Post Reply
KCfly the close-up of the flow chart you posted looks like an extended period of central apnea. I would need you to isolate a segment of no more than 2-minutes to see the wave-form.

When did this begin?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any chance you started any new medications before this started?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2018, 11:41 AM)KCFLY Wrote: ... I have lost about 20 pounds in the past 6 weeks.  The shape of my face may have changed just enough that my mask is no longer the best fit for me I suppose...  I would hate to have to try to find a mask that fits again....

Oh! Well that would do it!

Would it be possible to consider a nasal pillow until the weight loss stabilizes? It might save some bother since it only comes in contact with your nostrils. Of course I know it isn't the answer for everyone, and you may have some reason that prevents the use of pillows. If it is a consideration, the AirFit P10 is popular and has a near-cult-like following (which I have recently joined). Big Grin

Best of luck. I'm sure Sleeprider will help you get the recent setback sorted out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 13 398 4 hours ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 99 Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 197 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 208 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 176 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 10 384 04-07-2024, 03:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,544 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.