Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nw ASV machine does not download to SD card
Nw ASV machine does not download to SD card
I'm awaiting the return of my local DME tech representative to the office (It is a rural one-woman operation.) I finally got my Respironics System One BiPAP autoSV Advanced machine to deal with my complex sleep apnea. I have had it for 4 nights. Unfortunately it will not print to the SD card. I have tried 3 different cards. My EncoreBasic will not recognize the data at all. My Sleepyhead will download "23 min 48 sec" on each of the four nights, with totally jumbled "data."

The very limited data available through the machines "Info" setting (hours usage, total AHI, average EPAP) seems believable but nothing else can be retrieved.

The first day, I contacted the DME tech who "looked into it" and found the telemetry modem was not connecting as well. Next day, said there had been a software problem with their EncorePro and that was the trouble, and thought it would work next day. Next day it did not work and she was out of office.

I called Respironics tech support and results were as I'm sure everyone knows. They couldn't possible help me with the problem, it had to be addressed through my local retailer. The rep did answer the question that there could be a common link between failure of the telemetry and the SD writer, and said the vendor's EncorePro should be able to troubleshoot the problem.

I can't really expect any definitive answers from the Forum, but thought what the heck, while awaiting return to work of my one and only option, thought I'd see if anyone else had ever had a similar problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nw ASV machine does not download to SD card
Let us know how thing are going with your machine. Lots of members have seen your post and will be available to help if you have any issues.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
The behavior is not normal. I would request a replacement or repair and let the supplier work it out. Since it is a new machine, it should simply be replaced. If the supplier can't even get compliance data, that should be conclusive that something is wrong.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New ASV machine does not download to SD card
(11-18-2016, 07:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The behavior is not normal. I would request a replacement or repair and let the supplier work it out. Since it is a new machine, it should simply be replaced. If the supplier can't even get compliance data, that should be conclusive that something is wrong.

Update: Turns out the local DME did fix their software problem and the machine telemetry does transmit all data to them. But the SD writer definitely does not work. The DME insists that I do not need the SD writer since they can transmit the data to my sleep doctor. She used what I am sure is their normal discussion-ender: "Insurance will not pay for a new machine." When I pointed out that this was in no way an insurance question, it was a problem for Respironics customer service/tech support to fix the defect in their warranted machine, she became even more resistant.

So I now have a future appointment to bring in the machine and prove to them that the SD writer does not work (easy to do) and see what they say next. I have the feeling that what they say next will be they aren't going to use any of their time dealing with Respironics. Heck, they will be getting their outrageous monthly rental anyway.

My only option may be to return the machine, let their billing office know I am no longer using it, and drive the 45 miles to the only other DME supplier in the area.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2016, 07:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The behavior is not normal. I would request a replacement or repair and let the supplier work it out. Since it is a new machine, it should simply be replaced. If the supplier can't even get compliance data, that should be conclusive that something is wrong.

Update: Turns out the local DME did fix their software problem and the machine telemetry does transmit all data to them. But the SD writer definitely does not work. The DME insists that I do not need the SD writer since they can transmit the data to my sleep doctor. She used what I am sure is their normal discussion-ender: "Insurance will not pay for a new machine." When I pointed out that this was in no way an insurance question, it was a problem for Respironics customer service/tech support to fix the defect in their warranted machine, she became even more resistant.

So I now have a future appointment to bring in the machine and prove to them that the SD writer does not work (easy to do) and see what they say next. I have the feeling that what they say next will be they aren't going to use any of their time dealing with Respironics. Heck, they will be getting their outrageous monthly rental anyway.

My only option may be to return the machine, let their billing office know I am no longer using it, and drive the 45 miles to the only other DME supplier in the area.

Post Reply Post Reply
Lemme see...you buy something for several thousand dollars, and a major feature does not work properly, so the retailer tells you "you didn't need that feature anyway". LOL I'm sure that's going to work. I'd find another provider and do the drive.

Call your insurance and explain you were delivered a machine with a serious warranted defect that the supplier does not want to deal with. They may actually require the supplier to fix this under the contract that provides a warranty on the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE: Which brings more questions. Of course. DME tech finally found the time to listen and contact Respironics tech support.

She took my SD card from my new ASV and it downloaded perfectly in her Encore Pro program. Why then, I asked, did it not download to either my Sleepyhead (version 1.0.0-beta-2) or my EncoreBasic (v. 2.4.8.0) both of which clearly list my Respironics System One BiPAP autoSV Advanced as being supported by the software? Oh, the programs no longer support the "new" ASV, the Respironics tech said. The local DME tech piped up at this point and said, oh I would have to get Encore Pro, then. Mercifully, the Respironics tech said, no, I could not use or get that program as it was for provider offices only. I could only use Respironics new DreamMapper program.

I have since registered for DreamMapper and maybe I can get used to it but first impression is OMG, what an abomination. And it will not read any data time-marked prior to the date of registration no matter how much is on the SD card. So I won't know if it works until tomorrow.

Surely someone else out there has a PR System One BiPAP autoSV Advanced. Has anyone had the same problem with Sleepyhead and Encore Basic?

Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead is inconsistent with reading my data, about 70 to 80% of the time it does a great job of getting my data from my SD card- when I see a an unusually high AHI or a no event data received, then I compare it with what the display or dream mapper says, then I know it had a glitch night. . .
When I first got the ASV in March, SleepyHead did not read any of my data at all, but a few months ago I saw that there was a newer version of SleepyHead that I could download, and that version reads my data correctly 70 to 80% of the time. Although this past week, it had incorrect data for 3 out of the last 7 days.

Encore Pro seems to work with my ASV data, but I have trouble viewing the data while using the program on Parallels (I have a Mac computer).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,166 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 440 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  SD card and 2nd machine ? Bluesv6 2 385 04-10-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  How often do you download to OSCAR? kylemw 6 741 03-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: kylemw
  Resmed Airsense 11 autoset machine SD card and WIFI Tekno1 15 3,218 01-03-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Tekno1
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Does SD Card Store Machine Settings? upsman 14 1,420 10-03-2022, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.