Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

O2 Ring Insight Pro is crashing - macOS Big Sur
O2 Ring Insight Pro is crashing - macOS Big Sur
I recently upgraded my Mac with the new OS Big Sur, I can't run the O2 ring software anymore.
is it happening only on me?

I have Mac Pro 13" 2017.

Thank you!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: O2 Ring Insight Pro is crashing - macOS Big Sur
You're on the bleeding edge!

Send email to Viatom (support@getwellue.com), they'll want to know about the crash so they can fix it.

If you can copy and paste the details of the crash for them, I'm sure that would help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is their response:

Hi

Sorry, the software "O2 Insight pro" can't work for Mac OS 11 Big Sur now. Our engineer have not upgrate it yet. Please work with the phone app "ViHealth" before finished upgration.

Sorry fo the inconvenience may caused.

Kinds

Wellue
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, at least they know about the issue. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
I experience crashing after upgrading to Mac OS Monterery (version 12.0.1).

I send an email to support@getwellue.com. I will share their response.

Regards,
Ji Soo Yi
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2021, 06:13 PM)yijisoo Wrote: I experience crashing after upgrading to Mac OS Monterery (version 12.0.1).

I send an email to support@getwellue.com. I will share their response.

Regards,
Ji Soo Yi

I as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone resolved the issue with Wellue/Monterey?

I have no luck with those people. Sorry, but they are brain-dead customer service people that do not understand English too well and keep wasting my time telling me that the newest 1.7.0 version has solved the previous issue when I already have 1.7.0 loaded.
Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I will bet dollars to doughnuts that it has something to do with file permissions.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming you didn't move the app or change anything.....

To check your permissions, your data for O2 Insight Pro is stored starting here:

Code:
~/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro

Open Finder and press Shift + Command + G which will open a popup window.  Enter ~/Library in that window then navigate to the above folder.  Check your permissions for that folder and the Data folder under that.  (You can right click on the folder/file and select "Get Info" to check your permissions).

That's Apple's sandboxing for you.....

The app itself is from the App Store so there should be no issues with app permissions in /Applications

Edit: The app was just updated November 18, 2021 to 1.7.0
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2021, 10:13 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Assuming you didn't move the app or change anything.....

To check your permissions, your data for O2 Insight Pro is stored starting here:

Code:
~/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro

Open Finder and press Shift + Command + G which will open a popup window.  Enter ~/Library in that window then navigate to the above folder.  Check your permissions for that folder and the Data folder under that.  (You can right click on the folder/file and select "Get Info" to check your permissions).

That's Apple's sandboxing for you.....

The app itself is from the App Store so there should be no issues with app permissions in /Applications

Edit:  The app was just updated November 18, 2021 to 1.7.0

This is what shows for both the iconfig and DATA folder:
[Image: kCLJlAt.png]

This is version I have already installed:

[Image: bp2nLhl.png]

This is what shows on the App store. When I click OPEN it opens the above software with no changes. Now what?
[Image: agmchJg.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 641 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,293 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR? SnoozeBest 7 238 02-26-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: SnoozeBest
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 676 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 506 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Buidling OSCAR on macOS Sonoma (14.2.1) hisaotsu 2 491 01-08-2024, 11:33 AM
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,430 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.