Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR isn't reading data after updating to Mac OS: Ventura 13.0.1
RE: OSCAR isn't reading data after updating to Mac OS: Ventura 13.0.1
(11-25-2022, 03:12 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: It seems that Ventura introduced a new security feature that prevents newer Mac's from communicating with USB/Thunderbolt devices by default.

I posted about it earlier today: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...lease-read

The setting is in System Settings > Security and Privacy > Security. I don't have a newer M1 Mac or Ventura so I'm not sure if it's a tick box or slider type of setting. -- Try changing the setting as recommended in the release notes and see if that helps.

Jeff,

I followed Settings > Security & Privacy > Security. Under Security is a Heading called LOCKDOWN MODE . . . with a "Turn On" button.

It explained that turning ON Lockdown Mode is for the RARE person who, because of who he/she is, or because of what he/she does, is a target for cyber attacks. It also noted that it is available for iOS16, iPad OS 16, and MacOS Ventura.

However, the button says "Turn On", so obviously it is already OFF. Therefore I did nothing.

Let me know if you learn anything more that you want me to try. Thank you for your kind attention into researching this matter. And, yes, it was the morning AFTER the Ventura update that my problem began.

JoyD.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2022, 02:54 PM)JoyD. Wrote: HOWEVER, then I went to SLEEP HQ where I had become a free member a couple weeks ago.  And I used the same old SD card (but "UN-LOCKED" per instructions on Sleep HQ), & the No Name ICON appeared BOTH on the desktop and in Finder!!  So I clicked on the "No Name icon" and dragged the files onto Sleep HQ which WERE THEN imported!!

That's interesting and also makes troubleshooting things a little more difficult. Seems to be intermittent, or something else. Do you happen to run any type of Anti Virus software?

The Ventura thing is new to me. It's not compatible with my older Mac so I can't install it. Will have to check my upgraded VM software to see if it handles the M1 Mac now. I will keep digging to see if I can find some reasonable solution. In the mean time hopefully you will get the new SD card and it will work.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff,

Again this morning I took my SD card, unlocked, and used my new Mac Card Reader . . . and the NO NAME icon readily appeared both on the desktop & in the Finder. And it was EASILY IMPORTED INTO SLEEP-HQ!

WITH THE SD-ICON STILL ON THE DESKTOP & IN FINDER . . . I went to Applications, found OSCAR & clicked on it & went through the process of importing. . . which immediately took me to Finder with "Macintosh HD" at the top & files under it. (See the attached screenshot). So, whether I click on CANCEL or OPEN doesn't seem to matter. As you can see on the screenshots, the Daily View, Overview & Statistics are still faded & unresponsive.

So, it seems to me(not that I know much) that it CAN'T be a Ventura problem, or an old SD card problem can it? . . . since as I write this I STILL have the SD card icons in Finder & on desktop. Doesn't it have to be an OSCAR problem (as it relates to some Macs) ??

Re. your question about running anti-virus software . . . no, I haven't since I went from PCs to Mac.

Joy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Joy  -  By default, OSCAR uses the last selected location to use as the source for importing data from.  You can turn this off in File - Preferences - Import. Look at the option in the second column at the bottom of the screen, Import without asking for confirmation.  Deselect this option and then exit by selecting the OK button.  Now, try an import by using the Choose a folder button.   You can then navigate almost anywhere on your computer.

If you are successful, you can go back and turn this option back on.  OSCAR writes the last location selected for this option.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
JoyD.

Also, in the Finder screenshot you posted you can now see your SD card "NO NAME" in the left pane.  Highlight that then click the Open button.  That should get your data to import.  Let us know if it works.

Initially your SD card was not showing up on your Desktop or Finder.  That seems to be a Ventura security thing based on the reports I found.  It seems to be working now so it may have just fixed itself.  It's not uncommon to see unexpected behavior after a major OS upgrade and Apple is no exception.

If you use other external devices this article from AppleInsider explains the settings a little better:  https://appleinsider.com/inside/macos-ve...os-ventura
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Red and Jeff,

Last night I used my new SD card (that arrived yesterday) in my AirSense 10. BTW, the NO NAME that is now appearing on my desktop & in Finder happened AFTER using my "new" Apple USB-C to SD adapter, so maybe that is what got the SD card mounted at last!

Now, this morning I followed both of your suggestions and YES - FINALLY I AM BACK ON OSCAR AGAIN!!! Hooray!!

Here is what I did (if I am remembering correctly):
1. Plugged my "new" Apple Card Reader w/ the "new" 32 GB Sandisk SD card into the USB-C port on my MacBook Air 2021.
2. Went to Finder & highlighted the NO NAME (which is now appearing after getting my "new" card reader).
3. Clicked on OSCAR in Applications - then IMPORTED USING THE "CHOOSE A FOLDER" BUTTON and Shazaam! DATA IMPORTED!!

So, guys, thanks for hanging in there with me. My beloved OSCAR is back!!

So, what was it do you think that did the trick? The new Card Reader in getting NO NAME back on my desktop & Finder?

JoyD.

PS - Red, when I went to File - Preferences - Import . . . the "Import without asking for confirmation was ALREADY DESELECTED. So, I SELECTED IT to see what would happen. Could that have been the reason it imported this time?
Post Reply Post Reply
Following my success with importing last night's data from the "new" SD card (see previous post), I've come up with another, hopefully minor, dilemma.

I wanted to import the data that is on my "old" SD card from the past couple weeks when I was not able to access Oscar. (I DO have that past data on Sleep HQ from the old card, but I also wanted to see it on OSCAR).

When I imported it the same way I did with last night's data on the "new card" . . . it imported BUT NO GRAPHS! At the bottom it said "Graphs switched off".

What do I do to get the Graphs switched back on??

Thanks,

JoyD.
Post Reply Post Reply
Joy, I had this exact problem just yesterday setting up Oscar on my MacBook Air/ventura. I finally got a new Airsense 10 (card to cloud) as my For Her was 7 years old and wanted to be sure the new one was working ok. Had used Sleepyhead on Windows before so needed to add Oscar to new MacBook. Thanks to your question and the great replies from all over the world, I could do this. I followed the suggestions to do the Privacy & Security settings changes. I use an Anker brand USB C to SD card reader. The icon of the SD card No Name showed on my desktop. I then clicked on it and dragged it to the Oscar icon in the dock. Clicked on Oscar and it opened with a dialogue box asking did I want to import the SD, chose yes and voila, the data all came in! Before I'd clicked on the SD card picture for uploading in Oscar and got the same as you, no update and grayed out tabs to see data. Hope it helps to know I had this issue as well so it must be that Ventura security change. Thanks to all so much! Maureen
Post Reply Post Reply
Maureen,

So glad to hear that all those back and forth conversations with the tech guys on the forum also helped someone else!!

Joy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 79 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 98 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.