Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

O2 Ring data on a Mac - INFO
O2 Ring data on a Mac - INFO
Hi Folks, I just successfully imported nighly data from my O2 Ring for the first time. A bit of a cumbersome process but I got there.

The reason I am posting is to let folk know that the default location on my Macbook (currently running OS 12.5.1 Monterey) is NOT the same as the Viacom O2 Ring folk say, (& is copied into the instructions on this forum).

Those instructions say
"On a Mac, the downloaded session files will be stored in /Users/YourUserNameHere/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/SerlalNumber."

Well I looked & looked but could not find this - & yes I was using the Command-Shift-G to access Mac's hidden library. 

I did eventually find the data files but they were located at:

Users/YourUserNameHere/Library/Containers/O2_Insight_Pro/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/22062C1216

I have no idea if the last folder will have the same number for all - but it'll look something like that. Open it & it will have all the data you have put into the O2 Insight app on your Mac. 

Every nights data I had to change the start time, often by 10 or 15 minutes (& my CPAP machine shows the same time as my computer clock & Phone which is synced with the O2 Ring!). 

If doing more than a few nights at a time it's quite tedious, & to be honest, because I really can't see any correlation between 'breathing events' & 02 saturation on the charts, I can't really see any benefit of having the data on both the O2 Insight app & in OSCAR.

Hope this helps someone.  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: O2 Ring data on a Mac - INFO
Thanks for the information update!   The number in the data path will be the device's serial number.   One thing about Wellue/Viatom apps is they seem to totally redo the complete code with each version release.   This has proven true on the path they use for data storage.  

I see that it has changed from, com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE to O2_Insight_Pro on this version.  Please list the O2 Insight Pro version you are using.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My version of O2 Insight Pro is 1.8.1  
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
(12-01-2022, 01:57 AM)Cuppa Wrote: Well I looked & looked but could not find this - & yes I was using the Command-Shift-G to access Mac's hidden library. 

I did eventually find the data files but they were located at:

Users/YourUserNameHere/Library/Containers/O2_Insight_Pro/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/22062C1216

I have no idea if the last folder will have the same number for all - but it'll look something like that. Open it & it will have all the data you have put into the O2 Insight app on your Mac. 

Hope this helps someone.  

Cuppa,

We meet again! This time I am TRYING TO FIND the downloaded session files in order to import my Wellue O2 Ring data into Oscar.

I tried pressing "shift + command + G" and then typing in "~/Library" and clicking on it. But do not see any "Users/ . . . files.

HOW DID YOU FIND (GET TO) THE "USERS/etc." FILE that you list above? How do I access it??

Sorry, but I"m tech-challenged . . . so I need "bare bones" instructions! (I have read this whole thread.)

Thanks, in advance!!

JoyD
Post Reply Post Reply
JoyD.

That line "~/Library" the tilde (horizontal wavy line) takes the place of /Users/<your username> and means the current users home directory.

In other words the following two lines have the same meaning:
~/Library
/Users/jeff/Library

Once you enter that into Finder (using Command + Shift + G) you can then go through the other folders listed in the Finder Window, just by clicking on them, to get to the data location.

Also, this may help, in Finder up in the menu bar click "View" and select "Show Path Bar". At the bottom of your Finder window you will now notice the full path listed.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For the "bare-bones, non-tech" version copy/paste one of the following lines into Finder after you hit Command + Shift + G
One of the locations should show the serial number of your oximeter in the rightmost column in the Finder window. Click the serial number and your data files should then appear.

Code:
~/Library/Containers/O2_Insight_Pro/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/

If it's not at the above location try:

Code:
~/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/

If you still can't find it there is an easy way to search for it using Terminal, but try the above first.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Joy, Jeff has nailed it. Just make sure that you have opened a Finder window first (& that Finder is showing up in the menu bar as below) before clicking Command+Shift+G.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 644 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,301 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,630 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 509 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,431 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.