Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

O2 Saturation levels
(01-30-2014, 04:23 AM)me50 Wrote: The only time I got concerned about my O2 was when it dropped to 85 and that was during a titration study. I don't watch my O2 levels at all even though I was given a script for an O2 monitor. I decided that I had 2 choices: I could be obsessive when there were no indications that there were issues with my O2 OR I could use my machine faithfully every time I slept and go from there. I decided to deal with what issues I have right now and not worry about what I don't have. It works for me. YMMV.

There are some members here that have medical issues that requires their O2 to be monitored and that is a different story.

Right now, for me, my biggest issue is that I prefer to sleep on my side but when I lay on my side, I never can fall asleep and eventually I turn over on my back so I can get some sleep. I just made a note to ask my doc about it when I go back in February. In the meantime, I am prescribed 50,000 IU of Vitamin D to take once per month. That seems strange to take that much rather than to take it daily but, at some point, I have to trust that my doc knows what he is doing. I asked if my body would get rid of the excess and he told me no, that Vitamin D attaches to fat and is stored and used as needed (this was how it was described to me in terms I could understand).

As to yourVitamin D intake, you should have it checked with your blood work. The current medical standards seem to indicate anything above 30 is good enough. Numerous doctors I know and or read suggest 50 is a better base line and numbers above 70 may provide some theripudic benifits. Mine seems to stay around 50 and I take 12000 to 15000 IU daily. IMHO your doctor may be behind the power curve on this item.

When it comes to doctors, the idea of trust but verify, is a bit too liberal for me. That is why I visit here regularly for advice far more useful than my primary and my sleep doctor combined. I also check multiple sources to help me understand my blood work and any other malady I may encounter.

I have discovered a sad truth, GROWING OLD IS NOT FOR SISSIES. Laugh-a-lotDielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
I did have blood work and my vit d is 12. seems like my insurance company doesn't want to pay for vit d. I took 50,000 IU weekly 2 years ago but I don't think it was as low as 12.

So, until the doc fills out the form and sends it back to my insurance company, I will just take vit d3 2 times a day. it won't hurt and should definitely help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me understand how humidifier levels are managed by the xPAP DanPrado 16 427 05-21-2017, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  SPO2 BLOOD OXYGEN LEVELS dizzy1 3 313 05-06-2017, 01:47 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Acceptable levels of PB and RERA BHappy 7 293 05-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Last Post: bonjour
  Help [varying AHI levels] Haynbo 25 816 04-26-2017, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Haynbo
  Low spO2 levels even with low AHI Tigerman67 13 556 02-22-2017, 06:05 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Sleepyhead and Oxygen Sat Levels? harmon k 3 314 02-20-2017, 06:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  [Pressure] How to set EPR Levels yogigupta 24 24,660 11-16-2016, 12:10 AM