Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

O2 Therapy With Sinus Issues
RE: O2 Therapy With Sinus Issues
yes I'm using a oxygen concentrator, and don't really have any apneas, I was spending 90% of the time at less then 90% O2.
Post Reply Post Reply
One does not need a prescription to buy a recording pulse oximeter, but check with your insurance company to see if getting a prescription would make it eligible for reimbursement. Must be a "recording" model.

The style of recording Pulse Oximeter which is worn like a wrist watch with separate finger cup sensor is far more comfortable to wear all night. Also helpful if it records Perfusion (which shows when the PO is getting strong/valid readings through the skin).
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2017, 01:44 PM)JoeFromSD Wrote: yes I'm using a oxygen concentrator, and don't really have any apneas, I was spending 90% of the time at less then 90% O2.

To me, that suggests something more is needed.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
It took me about 4 months for a lot of improvement after starting oxygen. do not quit

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 211 2 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,360 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.