Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

O2 Vibe to monitor oxygenation
Idea 
O2 Vibe to monitor oxygenation
Since I was forced to use Apex XT Auto with its useless software and data collection I begun looking into monitoring my oxygenation level. After all most of sleepyhead data was very high level and comprehensive but it was all way over my head and missed the most important - my Oxy level. O2Vibe has the thumb ring that I find was the least intrusive Oxy monitoring gizmo I have ever tried.

[Image: Sleep.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: O2 Vibe to monitor oxygenation
O2 looks OK on the chart. The pulse rate I wouldn't believe unless your a marathon runner.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Pulse rate is lowered when sleeping, that is nothing unusual about that. (just shows I do not get much REM sleep but that goes with age/gets very fragmented) 

"Many texts cite the normal resting adult human heart rate as ranging from 60–100 bpm. Bradycardia is a slow heart rate, defined as below 60 bpm at rest. ... During sleep a slow heartbeat with rates around 40–50 bpm is common and is considered normal."

Commercial Link Removed, Instead do a google search for o2 Vibe Sleep & Fitness Monitor.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess that rules out marathon runner.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
ha ha ..I cannot even jog... Smile
but seriously, this is the second oximeter I have bought and I dislike the finger pinchers as very intrusive. This one works but not cheap. $199 on Amazon. I still miss looking at serious apnea data but this is a good way to compensate.

P.S. I like the little Apex XT Auto but I find that they were asking $99 for their software, a borderline prostitution (pay money to get f'd)....Please do not buy this software! 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2018, 01:40 PM)TimtheEnchanter Wrote: ha ha ..I cannot even jog... Smile
but seriously, this is the second oximeter I have bought and I dislike the finger pinchers as very intrusive. This one works but not cheap. $199 on Amazon. I still miss looking at serious apnea data but this is a good way to compensate.

P.S. I like the little Apex XT Auto but I find that they were asking $99 for their software, a borderline prostitution (pay money to get f'd)....Please do not buy this software! 

Have you looked in the private files for the free stuff? http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...1-Software
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes thankfully I have avoided paying out $99. I have spent way too much money of CPAP related stuff....but even as free the software is as useful as a tit on a board...it shows me no apnea events only (hypo apnea) - yeah I wish....but I'd guess if you need to show compliance to your insurance it is better than nothing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Wrist Oxygen Monitor nanaa0 16 1,779 09-04-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Chest strap heart rate monitor? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 585 07-23-2023, 07:08 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  How can I monitor my sleep apnea severity without a doctor? davidortenn79 11 1,308 06-16-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: davidortenn79
  Lookee O2 Wrist Monitor cmpman1974 5 689 04-28-2023, 02:18 PM
Last Post: withtao
  Oximeter Vs Smartwatch vs no heart rate monitor xaid 0 476 03-31-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: xaid
  Best O2 monitor to import into OSCAR? arborgent 9 1,852 01-23-2023, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  *Info wanted* wrist oxygen monitor spetzal 4 806 01-21-2023, 02:21 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.