Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

O2 Watch - why alarm to wake up
O2 Watch - why alarm to wake up
How they are marketing this is to wake a person up to monitor sleep Apnea.  Is this supposed to take the place of a sleep study?  Makes no sense to me...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed 
Cervical Collar     Dealing w DME     Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: O2 Watch - why alarm to wake up
I use a Wellue O2Ring oximeter, and there is an option to set a alarm for both heart rate and oxygen levels.

I have mine set to vibrate if my oxygen levels go below 88%. I was only woken up once when it fell to 85%.

When I checked with OSCAR, I noticed a cluster of Obstructives at the time the vibrator sounded. Although, I thought I was dreaming and questioning what the sound was, it did wake me. I found that I was on my back, so rolled to my side.

Just an added note: I don't use it every night. And I certainly wouldn't appreciate being woke up by any sound, and if it happened on a regular basis, then one should touch base with their doctor.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: O2 Watch - why alarm to wake up
Maybe this isn't so crazy, even if it wakes you up - makes me think of Philips' Smartsleep "Snoring Relief Band". 
It's a $200 gadget that you strap to your stomach that vibrates when you roll onto your back, supposedly waking you up so you can roll back onto your side - purportedly this eventually trains you to sleep on your side. They have a clinical study and all. Reduces snoring and treats sleep apnea (to some extent) by keeping you on your side. 

I'm skeptical. Mostly because it's 200 bucks and I don't have 200 bucks. More reasonably because I don't feel being annoyed at a buzzer on my stomach will make me very happy. The very idea of paying for that gets me worked up. Maybe I'm just jealous because I'm stuck with my pillow-stuffed knock-off "side-sleeping" backpack...  Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.