Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SomnoPose? Android version?
SomnoPose? Android version?
I noticed that Sleepyhead has an option to import SomnoPose data, so I looked for what that is.

It's an app to monitor sleeping position, for the biblical Fruit company devices. [bias intended btw]

Anyhow, has anyone found an android version?

Or if you have the i-app, does it work?

Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SomnoPose? Android version?
Any other sleep position monitors that people have used?
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received a Wellue SleepU SpO2 monitor that reports movement, as well as SpO2 and pulse, in OSCAR. It doesn't report your position, just the frequency of movement along the timeline.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd be interested in how you like that after a week or two. I've found 2 or 3 devices that monitor position, one is by Philips. They range from $350 to $450 and require a prescription. Kinda cool is that they vibrate when you lay on your back, lightly at first and stronger as time goes on. Pretty pricey...
I do have a Garmin Vivosmart 4 and I know the more movement it tracks while I was asleep the worse I feel in the morning. Some of my best nights are when it shows low movement and over 1 hour of deep sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreem 2 headband tracks movement (well, sleep position changes), but currently doesn't export it to CSV.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
While the values are different, the appearance of the movement graph in OSCAR is a lot like the flow limit or snore graphs. The CSV file has a vector column that appears to be in integer format ranging from 0 to 10.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If there is an Android app that will sense and log angular position data and times from Android phones and the data are numeric then it can be put into a CSV file Oscar will import. I started doing that a few weeks ago, thanks to tips from AB advisors pholynyk and sawinglogz. I take time logged 3-axis accelerometer data into an Excel spreadsheet and convert it to the required form for Somnopose to present it in OSCAR. 

I hope OSCAR and software support techs will soon upgrade OSCAR to correct it from losing that data, not retaining it, after exiting OSCAR.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
For those with significant and persistent OSA I strongly recommend capturing and reviewing, by some means, your sleeping positions and motions. Accelerometer sleep motion info and being able to have OSCAR and SleepyHead integrate AutoSet/Vauto, oximeter and accelerometer data has been invaluable to me. As I see it, matters of sleep motion and such info as is here https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6224344/ (re OSA in this case) need to become a significant part of both basic and more advanced lay knowledge being shared here. Accordingly, I'll add more to glaze eyes over regarding sleep motions.

Though dimly aware of wrist worn accelerometers and such, I mostly avoid buying tools that typically deprive us of general and flexible use--things proprietary and expensive that tend to hold you or your data captive. There has to be a compelling feature/purpose bundle to justify my buying those.  Further, it seems better to be getting, reviewing and producing written information, tables, and graphs that can be milked for meaning, filed, bound (and found electronically or on paper). 

With imaging you have to set up, generate, review and correlate/synchronize pictures or video: all non-numeric but having other great uses and often preferred by imaging people (and by me too for other uses). Accordingly, when sensing the need for sleep motion info I started attending a local "makers" group meeting dealing with all things digital and was going to find out how to make my own accelerometer and data logger. 

But a techie's web page with a sleep motion graph pointed me to a good 3-axis USB unit I have been using, the general use X16-1D (AA battery). Later I got an X2 (Li ion) to check two points of movement (head and trunk) at once. (That X16 was typical but I think it has been discontinued. It cost about $90 as I recall. The company's website is easy to find and is good as are its service and support info, including accessible manuals.) 

More recently I see a MPU6050 device for about $31, but don't know its features. It looks like it has slots for a cloth wrist strap. 

For the many DIY digital "makers" there are data logger, accelerometer (e.g. ADXL345 which needs a logger, I expect), gyro, magnetic compass and other chips of all kinds. 

A search of a model number above will likely produce hits for the manufacturer or suppliers.

A few additional notes about accelerometer generated motion data aside from its sleep position data value: 

The accelerometer, wherever affixed or worn, yields not only the body position , but also the "intensity" or significance of the motion of the body part where it is mounted. Lacking knowledge of the mass being moved we cannot, of course, compute work (as in Force x Distance) done in a sleep motion. But we can take note of the acceleration experienced by a body mass for which we have some sense of the significance of its motion: for example a finger, hip or head mass. So getting some sense of how something already moving is experiencing a speed up or slow down, that is the acceleration, is worthwhile. Is it a jolt of the body part or smooth like the sensation of weight change when we ride an elevator and it starts or stops? Where is it on the Richter Scale of sleep motion? 

For sleep motion assessment, it is useful to gain some sense of both absolute and relative total accelerations along x, y, z, t coordinates for various movements. Somnopose's Orientation and Inclination graphs show when and how far a body rotates about its head-to-toes axis and at what angle that axis is from the horizontal. One has to force feed the less useful (for most sleepers) Inclination resource in OSCAR to present relative total accelerations, but it is easily doable. 
-------
PS

I had a puzzling forum experience upon opening AB the first  time today: 

I swear this thread, its newest post visibly noted on the main page at that moment, showed only 6 had read the "then" OP and 0 had replied. So I entered a comment, having done a bit with Somnopose and being totally convinced of my OSA reduction benefits from seeing sleep positions, frequency of motions and their relative intensities. Upon clicking SEND and returning to the main AB forum, I saw notice of all you participants and more than 2000 others. My PC was off the net, on Hibernate and had AB on screen wile hibernating. 

2SB
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar for tablet using win 11 android Samsung 7 Mouchet 1 490 07-06-2023, 07:49 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Checkme O2: does the android app work? Yurtname 6 1,097 08-05-2022, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Yurtname
  Android writes files to SD Card melbell 4 820 05-22-2022, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  I like Oscar 1.2.0. Can I turn off Oscar New Version Notifications E.W. 1 705 10-25-2021, 06:51 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  resmed s8 (any version) teardown/disassembly/repair tungpust 5 12,985 01-11-2021, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Wolfsnores
  Question on Updated Version of OSCAR SideSleeper 2 955 06-13-2020, 04:57 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Does OSCAR work on android tablets? 17WRX 1 2,741 12-10-2019, 11:57 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.