Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

O2 drop with CPAP
RE: O2 drop with CPAP
Since you took the time to post it, I'd say you consider it worthy of discussion and determining if it is needed to dig deeper on a medical aspect. I have discussed my oxygen level dropping on occasion with the RT at my ASV DME/supplier. I've also discussed it with the pulmonary doc and his nurses. I'd consider mentioning and/or discussion with any/all of these as applies to your situation. See what they say, and you can include your primary doc as well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!  I have tried to discuss with my sleep doctor (He really wants nothing to do with me besides saying - lets wait and see.  He even suggest putting the setting back to original (6-20) which absolutely did not work to begin with.

I have spoken with a few other doctors who said since they don't last long, not to worry about them for now.  But working on seeing a neurologist.  My PCP prescribed 0.5mg Xanax twice a day. 

**Good news, last night I took the Xanax and cut out electronics etc and had one of the better nights since this whole thing started 3 weeks ago.  I think it helped me sleep through the initial O2 drop and I was good from there. 

Oscar Graph 

O2 Graph

Post Reply Post Reply
As a side note, if you're dissatisfied with any doc's comment or action, you may get a second opinion and/or replace the doc as you see fit.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's great you had a better night -- keep up the good work! Not now, but down the road if you keep doing better, you may want to experiment to see whether you get similar results from the sleep hygiene alone, minus the Xanax. (Of course, you'd want to reduce or eliminate any prescription drug in consultation with your doctor.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup - I definitely do not like the idea of prescription drugs.  Cannabis I am good with, but Benzo's not a fan.  But if this works for now, I plan on trying 2 days on and 1 day off maybe?  Not sure yet.  But anything that helps for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
At LEAST two days, if I were you. You really need some regular decent sleep to get yourself on a more even keel. Maybe see how it goes for a week?
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay I’ll take that advice for sure! Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
My SpO2 levels aren't bad, ranging from 93% to 98%. However, the odd thing (to me) is that they rise during the day and fall overnight when I'm on BiPAP. Last night I started out at 96% and woke up at 94%. MyAir gave me a score of 100, but OSCAR reported 3 hypopneas with associated flow reductions:

Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t know why MyAir didn’t report hypopneas, but it is entirely normal to have higher O2levels during the day than during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Massive O2 saturation drop last night... SufiMindtricks 8 911 09-26-2022, 01:33 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Does anyone else find that urination causes their SPO2 to drop? Sleepy Willy 7 931 08-10-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  oxygen levels drop overnight oldstyle 3 825 03-27-2022, 07:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  O2ring shows huge gradual drop in spO2 over half hour with new DS2. Cord tangling? aolamid 9 1,101 02-09-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: aolamid
  SPo2 drop cberistain 12 1,481 01-17-2022, 10:18 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Small AHI, Big Oxygen Drop! S. Manz 5 900 10-24-2021, 10:18 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
  [Treatment] After years of successful treatment: a Big jump in AHI and drop in restfulness AtRest 28 2,506 05-10-2021, 05:02 PM
Last Post: AtRest

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.