Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

O2 levels dropping; problem with machine?
O2 levels dropping; problem with machine?
Hello: so I've noticed that I would wake up feeling slightly short of breath. checking my O2 levels I found them to be as low as 94. I changed to a full mask and that helped a little but when I checked last night once again my levels were at 95-96. I didn't feel that shortness of breath feeling but I am feeling a bit odd in the mornings and it reminded me of how I felt before cpap when I was severely oxygen depleted.
My machine is about six years old. Is it possible that it's not delivering as much oxygen and needs to be replaced? I would guess that the auto adjustment would compensate--I'm at about 10.5 pressure--but that lowish pressure hasn't budged.

Maybe allergies or some other issue is at play.

thanks for any replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: O2 levels dropping; problem with machine?
Check the filters on the machine.
Then if you think the machine is not supplying enough air, change it to CPAP mode for one night and set it at 12 - 12.5 with Aflex on and see how you feel and how your O2 levels are in the morning.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I replaced my filters right off the bat. yeah, continuous air is a thought, if I can figure out how to set  the machine.l I have an even older continuous air machine I could bring out I suppose. 

I'm curious if older machines slowly crapping out with no real indications is common, or even uncommon but it happens. Seems unlikely. I did use a series if flea bombs in my small apartment but used all of the precautions. Maybe I've compromised my lungs....ugh!

it jsut occurred to me--is there a filter internal to the machine that might be clogged?
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't be very concerned with a sat near 94/95, especially without knowing what is typical for you while getting successful PAP.  If showing 92, I'd raise an eyebrow, 88, most definitely, 78...YIKES!!!!  Also, that sat around 95...was that concomitant with an arousal?  Why did the arousal happen?  What does the timeline show happening in your data (do you have readable data measured every few seconds or better on your machine) when you have the desats?

What I am suggesting is that, without knowing the condition of your machine, and what a suitable software would show happening from minute-to-minute, even breath-to-breath, it's hard to relate your feeling upon waking to actual events or problems with the machine's performance.

Is your machine recording data that can be taken from a resident SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,601 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,463 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.