Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

O2 levels low overnight Airsense 10 autoset
Question 
O2 levels low overnight Airsense 10 autoset
Since Covid, I’ve been wearing an O2 monitor while I sleep. My daytime O2 is usually 96-99, but overnight it nearly always drops to 90 and below. It most often will bottom out at 86-88, but on several occasions it has dropped to 80. My monitor shows how long I’m below 90, and it ranges from a few seconds to several minutes.

My theory is that my oxygen dips just before my pressure is boosted, but I don’t know. My main question is, is it dangerous to dip to as low as 80, even for brief periods of time?
Kathi D.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: O2 levels low overnight Airsense 10 autoset
It's not the level but the duration that is critical. So a low spike is not an issue. But 5 minutes below 90 should be investigated.

Do note that if your daytime level hits 90 you should go for a Covid test and evaluation. Nighttime level are lower than awake levels and are lower.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: O2 levels low overnight Airsense 10 autoset
Thank you--that is exactly what I needed to know.
Kathi D.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset Sleep Analysis mb635 28 732 10-17-2020, 05:04 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet: Mask On/Off Results Incorrect DKuntez62 4 168 10-07-2020, 10:24 AM
Last Post: DKuntez62
  Large Leaks with New Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her--have questions SideSleeper 4 200 10-03-2020, 11:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Please can you help me adjust my airsense 10 autoset Apneabeater 18 555 09-24-2020, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  autoset for her cpapnovice 4 169 09-21-2020, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Cpapian
  [Equipment] Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset problems obieephyhm 6 297 09-13-2020, 12:35 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Exclaimation Warning - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset SD data management becker44a 7 357 09-13-2020, 03:13 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.