Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9; Invalid SD Card after importing (SD write protected)
S9; Invalid SD Card after importing (SD write protected)
It's not a show stopper as the data has been imported and is safely housed on my PC, more of an annoyance... but every time I import data from my ResMed S9 to Sleepyhead/Oscar it comes up as invalid in the machine when I put it back in. Annoying to have to go through the erase every time. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

I know it's a common problem if the card isn't write protected but that's not my issue. In fact I'm using a MicroSD with an adapter, and wondered if the write protect switch of the adapter might not be working but when I insert the card in the machine write protected it prompts me that the card is write protected. Which validates that the write protection is functioning.

I'm at a loss as to how/why this is happening. I guess I need to look for hidden files next time I pull the data but is it even physically possible to write to the SD card if it's supposedly write protected?

Open to ideas!

BTW, this forum rocks!  like
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9; Invalid SD Card after importing (SD write protected)
Are you using an external SD Card reader on your PC?

Some of them do not respect the SD Card reader switch.
Post Reply Post Reply
GreenScrew - Depending on which version of Windows you are using, there are commands to turn off the System Volume writing function that messes up the S9's SD card. If you can provide which one you are using, I will post the correct fix.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Windows 10
Post Reply Post Reply
This one should be run in PowerShell as administrator:
[PowerShell Registry Mod]

This ".bat" file can be used in a Command Prompt or PowerShell, but may not work in Win10:
[Disable or Enable System Volume Information]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. I didnt know whether to revive this thread since I'm having similar issue or to start a new one. I figure I would try this 1st...

I have a s9 as well and I am running Windows 10. I have Oscar & had just updated to the new one, as I hadnt used it in a year at least. After I looked at my stats, etc on Oscar, I exited it & did the proper windows eject before taking out my SD Card.

I unlocked my SD, put it back into my s9, and obviously got the invalid card error...

Here's the weird issue...

I cannot download your "fix downloads" on here! 

[See Attachment Below]
Edit: Couldnt attach screenshot due to new member posts I guess, lol

I obviously am new to the forum but I have confirmed my email, and then got my "Welcome" email saying I am fully registered. What do I need to do to be able to download the Powershell Registry Mod or whatever fix it is that I am going to need to fix the Invalid Card on s9 issue (in case there has been a new one made that is updated or something that I missed in my search)?? 

While I'm at it, I guess I better make sure... that is what download I need to remedy my issue, correct? It sounded like it but just wanted to double-check.

I appreciate your time & assistance!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cginn! - Welcome

Your problem can possibility be caused by modern day cost reduction of devices. The lock tab on an SD card is nothing more than a piece of plastic that trips a microswitch in the reader (supposedly). In order to reduce cost, many of the new card readers don't have the switch installed, thus rendering this protection useless.

By default, Windows 10 has the writing of drive volume information turned on. Unfortunately, the Resmed S9(only) has a problem with extra files on the SD card. This has since been corrected on the newer Resmed models. This feature is not really needed and will not hurt anything if it is turned off on your computer.

The links in my post above yours, or [Link to post - HERE] are still active and can disable this feature. Also, here is an article on how to deactivate this feature, too.

https://winaero.com/how-to-disable-syste...le-drives/

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2023, 08:08 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi cginn!  -  Welcome

Your problem can possibility be caused by modern day cost reduction of devices.  The lock tab on an SD card is nothing more than a piece of plastic that trips a microswitch in the reader (supposedly).  In order to reduce cost, many of the new card readers don't have the switch installed, thus rendering this protection useless.

By default, Windows 10 has the writing of drive volume information turned on.  Unfortunately, the Resmed S9(only) has a problem with extra files on the SD card. This has since been corrected on the newer Resmed models.  This feature is not really needed and will not hurt anything if it is turned off on your computer.

Thank you for the info. I though still am having a weird issue HERE on the board's end, I'm assuming (but we both probably know what "assuming" often does, lol). I would post the screenshot but cant as a newbie. When I click on any download/file link, including yours for fixing my issue, I get the board webpage that says:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
  1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.

2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.

3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)

4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.
You are currently logged in with the username: 'cginn'

Just in case, though I knew I already had, I try clicking to send a new verification email. It of course responded saying I had already verified my account. I dont know what I missed doing or what I am doing wrong. It's weird.

Thank you again for your assistance.
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess is because you are using an editor outside the one that is in the forum software. At the bottom of the editor screen, is the option to insert an attachment.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 91 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 109 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 138 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 336 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 430 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar importing csv files + O2 Insight Pro import eflat 1 364 10-24-2023, 10:10 PM
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 645 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.