Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

O2InsightPro: How directly import local O2Ring binary file?
Question 
O2InsightPro: How directly import local O2Ring binary file?
Not an OSCAR question, but just in case anyone knows the answer...

Is there a way to import a local computer file of O2Ring session data (binary not CSV) into O2Ring's associated application (in my case on a Mac), namely O2InsightPro?

Background to this request:

OSCAR reads it with no problems. But I'd like to get O2InsightPro to be able to read it too. Normally that happens automatically, but this morning I managed to foul up the "load into O2InsightPro" part of the "Download from O2Ring" process (somehow, unknown).

I tried simply copying such a file into O2InsightPro's main folder for such files, then restarting O2InsightPro, but it didn't get listed it (e.g. in its left-hand pane).

The location where I put the file was:
(~/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/<O2Ring Serial Number>
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
RE: O2InsightPro: How directly import local O2Ring binary file?
A HACK-SOLUTION - In case it helps anyone else...

I just discovered that, on my mac, there is a database file: "db_o2.db", in an SQLite format.
I made a play-copy of that file and opened it (successfully) in mac-app: "DB Browser for SQLite".
In there I browsed (opened) the table: "tbl_check".
In that table I noticed field/column: "startDateTime".
From this I was able to locate the record (row) corresponding to my "failed import" session.
I deleted that row, saved the (play-copy) database, then substituted it for the real one (by renaming both copies of this database).
SUCCESS!:
Lastly, I opened O2InsightPro, Connected it to the O2Ring (which still had last night's data on it) and did a "Download".
This time it succeeded!
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW: On my Mac, the database in question was at:
~/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/<My O2Ring Serial Number>
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
In my case, it was also necessary to delete all rows from the database's Table: [tbl_deleted].
I had indeed earlier (at the beginning of the day), via O2InsightPro's user-interface, deleted what appeared (at that time) to be corrupted session-data instances.

Then, (after writing the database changes), after opening O2InsightPro and connecting to the O2Ring, the Download process also fetched those two files into O2InsightPro, appearing (as expected) in its left-hand pane.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops, slight error in the table names, they should begin with:
"tb_" not "tbl_"
Hence "tb_check" and "tb_deleted"
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
Advice I received from Wellue (makers of O2InsightPro - basically I got it (the above) right:

Regarding the question: How can I force-import (session data) from an existing local copy of a session-data file?
Currently we can only manually to add/delete the info in the "tb_check" and "tb_data" to change the database and then import from an existing local copy of a session-data file.
If we want to use another pc, a easy way to transfer all the data to the new pc is to copy the whole "data" folder with databse to replace the new pc's and all the data will be shown on the new pc.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 141 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 85 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,336 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,728 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 266 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.