Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

O2ring by Wellue Oscar Import
O2ring by Wellue Oscar Import
Hi, intrepid software people with CPAP expertise! I have a new Respironics Autoset and have Oscar installed. I’d like to import O2 data from my new O2Ring sold by Wellue, that exports binary files and csv files. I am a little surprised that Oscar won’t accept CSV files. And I don’t know anything about specific file structures Oscar is pre-set for.  If I had understood all this before purchase, I might have bought one of the accepted O2 devices for easy import. Any ideas on how to make this all work in the land of open source?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: O2ring by Wellue Oscar Import
Import your CPAP data as usual, then got to Data ⇾ Import Viatom Data. You will be prompted to navigate to the directory holding the binary data. Wellue is named Viatom in other parts of the world.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OMG, way too simple!  And it lines up perfectly with the main event from that evening, which I had been able to see because the events were few, and easy to discern.  Yes, Viatomtech, and I was amazed that the order was fulfilled quickly from a local distribution point, instead of from China.  

OK, so then I looked for info on movement artifact, which was well detailed in the CSV file, and much more obvious than it was in the iPhone App graph.  Looked at the dropdown in Oscar and found, Data=>Automatic Oximetry Cleanup.  Pow! a bunch of Oximetry data points disappeared.  I assume I am correct in believing this has to do with an algorithm above which spurious data is removed.  Is this able to be adjusted and can we find out what the cutoff is?  I certainly am pleased (amazed) that the developers thought of this related to Oximetry measures.  As a psychologist who does bio and neuro feedback, I am very aware of all sorts of artifact being the nemesis of valid data interpretation.  So, thanks to whomever thought of all this in Oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for sharing this information on importing SpO2 data to Oscar.  It was relatively easy.  I seem to have some lag time with Oscar very slow finding the file but once it gets there it imports it correctly and it displays correctly.  Oscar is a great tool for helping us new CPAP users figure out how to make this therapy work.
Post Reply Post Reply
A note for Wellue/Viatom users:  Make sure that the time is synchronized between your CPAP (if adjustable) and your O2 device before use. Resmed CPAP clocks are known for their drift.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was actually amazed at how fast OSCAR finds the file on my 7 yr old MacBook Pro!  Maybe make sure you are importing from whatever OSCAR uses as default directory.  I am overall so pleased with how Oscar runs on the Mac with all software updates. It does not sound like Win10 with updates have been as smooth, but maybe it’s resolved, since the posts about probs are from 2019 and 2020.
Post Reply Post Reply
Reading this, I'm gathering that Oscar cannot import the CSV files that the ViHealth Android app exports, is that correct? If so, that's unfortunate since that's the only format the app will export ("share") other than a JPG file. I'm guessing the binary format that Oscar supports comes form the Windows/Mac app? I suppose I can add a few extra steps to my export/import process to get this to work other than having Oscar repeatedly crash when trying to import that CSV file Huh .

Are there any plans for Oscar to support Viatom/Wellue's CSV format which the Android app exports?

Thanks!
Rufus
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rufeman!   Welcome

Your information is somewhat incorrect.  OSCAR will not import a CSV file from the Viatom/Wellue oximeters, but will import their native data file.  These files use the date and time for the file name.  The name structure is, YearMonthDayHourMinuteSecond.   So if we use the date and time of, April 7,2021 at 1:30:45 PM, the file name would be, 20210407133045.

Look at these 2 links for more information:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_Import

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...scar-1-2-0
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I actually did read the Viatom File Import page earlier, but missed some important details. But while you were replying to this, I did see that while the ViHealth app's "share" function only shares as CSV, the files it stores internally are binary, as everyone else it seems already knew. ;-)

Unfortunately... attempting to import those binary files still causes a crash. I would attach a sample of the binary, but it seems I'm not allowed to do that at this point (tried native binary format as well as zip), and I don't have enough posts to insert a link.

Thanks,
Rufus
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you trying to import them from a PC or cell phone?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 76 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 140 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,723 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 643 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 266 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.