Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OA - are the events ever false positive??
OA - are the events ever false positive??
I'm wondering about the false positive rate of OA event calls in Dreamstation hardware/software. When I compare the high time resolution data with the recordings from my Masimo PulseOx.....I wonder what the criteria are for an OA event. 

I don't know for sure that the time stamps are exactly lined up....so the O2 and pulse rate data are for 30 minutes while the SleepyHead/Dreamstation data are for ~10 minutes. Everything on the left sure looks OK to me, as do the respiratory rate and tidal volume traces.

Here are some data from last night:
[Image: sXP1Eyt.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OA - are the events ever false positive??
screen shot on right shows Cheyne-Stokes respirations. Vt and RR isn't the concern. the breathing pattern is...

screen shot on the left shows a classic sawtooth pattern for O2 saturations. O2 levels constantly dropping/rising. which indicates untreated apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OA - are the events ever false positive??
Your supplemental oxygen is sparing you the effects from very persistent apena and periodic breathing that resembles cheyne-stokes respiration. These are not false positive but in my opinion is a serious form of sleep disordered breathing that is more likely central in nature than obstructive. This may be related to other health problems we are not aware of. You should consult your doctor on this issue as soon as possible.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 1 95 Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 348 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  anyone with positive apnea reduction using emf shielding over bed? Pierelly 7 244 03-21-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 118 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Real or False CAs? SingingWolf 3 284 03-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: apnea505

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.