Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OA - are the events ever false positive??
I'm wondering about the false positive rate of OA event calls in Dreamstation hardware/software. When I compare the high time resolution data with the recordings from my Masimo PulseOx.....I wonder what the criteria are for an OA event. 

I don't know for sure that the time stamps are exactly lined up....so the O2 and pulse rate data are for 30 minutes while the SleepyHead/Dreamstation data are for ~10 minutes. Everything on the left sure looks OK to me, as do the respiratory rate and tidal volume traces.

Here are some data from last night:
[Image: sXP1Eyt.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
screen shot on right shows Cheyne-Stokes respirations. Vt and RR isn't the concern. the breathing pattern is...

screen shot on the left shows a classic sawtooth pattern for O2 saturations. O2 levels constantly dropping/rising. which indicates untreated apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your supplemental oxygen is sparing you the effects from very persistent apena and periodic breathing that resembles cheyne-stokes respiration. These are not false positive but in my opinion is a serious form of sleep disordered breathing that is more likely central in nature than obstructive. This may be related to other health problems we are not aware of. You should consult your doctor on this issue as soon as possible.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pressure raises when there is ca events yankees123 25 649 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Events nanniesitter 12 291 12-02-2017, 08:09 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Having Clear Air Events in Clusters SleepyKiddo 12 422 11-21-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Only O2 Sat matters, or OA False positives - Part Deux rbookman 7 340 10-23-2017, 02:15 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Increase in Events per hour Dennisl27 3 235 10-10-2017, 08:32 PM
  Why is this not tagged? [CA events] mltam 6 218 10-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise [about CA events] BlueJay22 6 345 09-27-2017, 01:46 PM