Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OK to have machine in a drawer?
OK to have machine in a drawer?
I got a nice little 2-drawer filing cabinet (Goodwill, $5.99!) to put by my bed and set the machine on. (My headboard doesn't really lend itself to having the unit on it.) I found that it's a little noisy right there by my head so I put the machine on the floor. The noise level is fine with it down there, but it's a bit of a hassle to get to if I need it at night, or in the morning before my wife wakes up. Also, I'd just rather not have it right on the floor because of the potential for more dust and such. It fits really well in a drawer, however, and is quiet and easy to get to. The drawer is certainly not air tight, and in any case it's open enough for the hose to come out. Any reason not to have it there?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OK to have machine in a drawer?
No reason not to whatsoever. In fact, one of the most experienced members around here, Sleeprider, has his machine in a drawer as well. I'm guessing if it's good enough for him...
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider - I've been curious... Does your cpap air smell stuffy, since it's air from a drawer? Or do you think the hole in the back gives enough room for good air exchange/flow?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know why a drawer should smell stuffy. It's less dusty than the open air and it's not even close to an air-tight space. I use a 2-inch diameter hole through the back to route the hose and power.

[Image: EF17842A-98BD-4EE5-9398-4742D51CFD9D.jpg]

[Image: 760565B1-E890-46ED-9F7C-46754FB31C54.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem with a drawer is that if it angles when opened and closed, the water can potentially spill into your machine from the humidifier. If it doesn't angle, a non-problem. Some folks simply open the drawer and place their machine on a custom platform that keeps it level. Then leave the drawer open all night. Make sure there is enough space for the cord though!
Post Reply Post Reply
I keep mine in the drawer too, with the hose coming out tbe front (no holes).

Never had a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,129 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,787 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,248 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.