Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OMG!!! I hate 3:30 AM!!!
(02-26-2016, 12:37 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: and they may prescribe a heated hose. This will keep the hose warm and avoid the droplets of moisture from forming. If the condensation gets worse, the moisture can end up in your mask in a condition we call rain-out.

If this is a dry cough, then a dose of cough suppressant might help. Dextromethorphan (DM) is a simple cough suppressant. If you actually need to loosen phlegm then that would be an expectorant (guaifenesin). Keep it simple and minimal, don't get a multi-symptom remedy for a dry cough.

You can use a hose cover to help with the condensation until you get a heated hose(however long that is). You can use it with your heated hose also, if you like it.

Regarding dry cough, I would use Guaifenesin for that also - and would do it first, lots of times some extra membrane secretions will wash away whatever is irritating the membranes. I find Guaifenesin helps with bloody noses, dry cough, sinus headache, etc.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry [CPAP] I hate my CPAP Machine. Sleep1ngb3auty16 7 657 11-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Hate my CPAP! MrsBrando 35 1,752 02-14-2017, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
Ohmy I hate this. I'm worried I won't make compliance and will never learn to tolerate it allynpsych 23 2,625 04-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Last Post: palerider
  I hate my P10 so I'm switching back to the Wisp kdmorris410 20 3,115 12-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Grin I HAVE A NEW MACHINE... and you're gonna hate me. snuffles 15 3,978 10-13-2015, 11:35 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [Equipment] What to do if you HATE your Machine? Lexxus 31 3,966 10-04-2015, 08:09 PM
Last Post: archangle
Sad Hate noise of PRS1 Auto 60 Series machine sleepy_one 8 2,747 01-29-2014, 03:35 PM
Last Post: PollCat