Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OMG!!! I hate 3:30 AM!!!
OMG!!! I hate 3:30 AM!!!
Honestly, I am just posting my frustration right now. First couple nights on C pap I made it to 5:30 AM. Now last couple nights it's back to 3:30 AM again. Took mask off and was coughing. Dont have the dry mouth I guess cause doc stopped cymbalta which was contributing to it. Got prescription for Ambien took it last couple nights in hopes I could make it full night but nooooooo. Here I sit wide awake and started watching ID on television. I am not going to quit the cpap but I am soooooo frustrated right now. That's all. Thanks for taking time to read this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chest hurts and still coughing??
Okay, I just posted rant about waking up at 3:30 AM as I lay here my chest is hurting and still coughing a bit. I had my humidity cranked all the way up do to dry mouth. Think it's too much humidity?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OMG!!! I hate 3:30 AM!!!
Ambien can help a person GO to sleep but does nothing to KEEP them asleep.

A few years back I went through that with my internist. He had prescribed Ambien. I had to go to him a couple of times and ask specifically for Ambien CR. I was telling him I had no problem GOING to sleep, just that I woke early and could't go BACK to sleep.

Ambien CR is a 20% larger dose in a controlled release tablet to keep you asleep longer as opposed to a single big dump to make you go to sleep right now.

However, over time, its effects diminish and it does have a dependency factor when the drug is taken for a long time and then interrupted or stopped (I don't care that they say it doesn't. I have gone through the cycle a few times. When I come off of it, it takes a few days before I can fall asleep, but after that, the system seems to reset to normal). Also, large meals in the evening seem to impair its absorption/effectiveness. Combine that with the dependency factor, and going to sleep after a large dinner could be difficult.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input. I guess he prescribed it cause normally it takes me very long time to get to sleep. I didn't really realize it wore off so quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyabby, it might help if you let us know what your humidifier settings are. Also, there can be a lot of things we can interpret from your data if you post it. This tutorial shows how to organize data in Sleepyhead http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization . You can post screenshots as an attachment or use a hosting service to post images here. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Either way, the data can sometimes provide clues why a problem is occurring. Sleepyhead is free. Just follow the link at the top of this page.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chest hurts and still coughing??
You should keep this discussion in a single thread. Responses are not going to be better by splitting up the same problem between multiple threads.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How much water is being evaporated at your current humidity settings?
Are you using a heated hose?
Are you experiencing any rain-out or condensation in the hose or mask?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chest hurts and still coughing??
(02-26-2016, 09:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You should keep this discussion in a single thread. Responses are not going to be better by splitting up the same problem between multiple threads.

Yes, please keep them in one thread, Sleepyabby.

These two threads have now been merged.

Thanks. Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't realize I had put two issues in one thread. Sorry new and got a lot to get use to still . My humidity is on 5 and I do see water in the hose but thought that was normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2016, 11:56 AM)Sleepyabby Wrote: I didn't realize I had put two issues in one thread. Sorry new and got a lot to get use to still . My humidity is on 5 and I do see water in the hose but thought that was normal.

For the Remstar, a setting of 5 is maximum humidity. The droplets in your hose are condensation from the cooler hose. You might explain your difficulty to the DME or your doctor, and they may prescribe a heated hose. This will keep the hose warm and avoid the droplets of moisture from forming. If the condensation gets worse, the moisture can end up in your mask in a condition we call rain-out.

If this is a dry cough, then a dose of cough suppressant might help. Dextromethorphan (DM) is a simple cough suppressant. If you actually need to loosen phlegm then that would be an expectorant (guaifenesin). Keep it simple and minimal, don't get a multi-symptom remedy for a dry cough.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] So far I hate CPAP mindyb01 5 399 01-24-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: rogerded1
  Man, I hate leaks...even small ones David Clark 9 1,070 07-11-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why the “hate” on the ramp feature? Kmar13 19 3,677 03-12-2022, 01:50 PM
Last Post: martyedb
  Why I hate MyAir more than the heat of 1000 suns! cathyf 29 3,413 08-07-2021, 10:58 PM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  [Equipment] I Hate My AirSense JoeInOhio 13 2,061 02-09-2021, 01:06 PM
Last Post: JoeInOhio
  I hate my P10 so I'm switching back to the Wisp kdmorris410 21 6,597 01-31-2020, 08:47 PM
Last Post: old82
Surprised Night 8, it's already Love - Hate. So glad I found you guys! FE350 148 13,295 01-08-2020, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.