Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OMG!! My AHI Was 60+
OMG!! My AHI Was 60+
I just got my CPAP machine this week. Now I am loving life! My AHI is now 2.83. I feel so awake and alert and now I can do a lot of things instead of falling asleep all the time!

My only regret is not getting my condition diagnosed earlier in life. I think I have wasted more than a decade suffering from this condition. But that is the past, now I can only look forward to the future! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OMG!! My AHI Was 60+
Welcome La Zona and congratulations, if you find your symptoms come back a little, don't be concerned, for some of us, we get that sudden burst of energy then after a few days it feels like it has come back. This is just our bodies adjusting and for some it take a few weeks to months to get that feeling back. Hope yours continues and good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2015, 11:22 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Welcome La Zona and congratulations, if you find your symptoms come back a little, don't be concerned, for some of us, we get that sudden burst of energy then after a few days it feels like it has come back. This is just our bodies adjusting and for some it take a few weeks to months to get that feeling back. Hope yours continues and good luck.

Ok thanks for the tip!

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2015, 11:29 PM)La Zona Wrote:
(05-21-2015, 11:22 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Welcome La Zona and congratulations, if you find your symptoms come back a little, don't be concerned, for some of us, we get that sudden burst of energy then after a few days it feels like it has come back. This is just our bodies adjusting and for some it take a few weeks to months to get that feeling back. Hope yours continues and good luck.

Ok thanks for the tip!

Happened to me.
The regret thing is often expressed here.
I was diagnosed 4 yrs ago but too stubborn to do follow through. That is no uncommon either. Happy for you!
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi La Zona,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you are having such good results with CPAP.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
This seems to be a sad fact of human nature, this stubbornness to change and denial of reality. I have a story much like yours. And I am so very thankful that I finally woke up and smelled the propane, because xPAP therapy has significantly changed my life, and my thinking, for the better.

I often wonder why drunks and drug addicts have to hit bottom before they realize they need to change direction, but now I see the same pattern in myself regarding SA therapy. Except I still don't have my 180-day chip.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.