Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines
RE: so clean
(09-01-2018, 10:16 PM)PoolQ Wrote: heh glad I chose to see your post. You are a figment of your own imagination. Your logic fails totally. your argument fails. quoting public documents means nothing. we are not required to have "secret" documents. It no longer matters about SoClean, you are saying what you think without any basis for saying it and saying your quoting public documents is meaningless. you embarrass yourself. If you really want me to say your right? okay your right, I am wrong, you win, you have an IQ of 200 and surpass any and all university professors. You must have a very interesting life that you have created for yourself in your own mind. bye-bye now

Please note, PoolQ, I've never claimed that SoClean has no sanitizing effect. Rather I believe that it is not scientifically proven to generally prevent illness in ordinary CPAP users.

What's notable to me in your post is that you have still failed to quote anything **specific** you claim is a knowingly false claim of fact that amounts to actionable defamation.

As someone who says they specialized in "product liability" for decades, without noting whether they are an attorney or not, your statements about defamation do not seem like those of someone familiar with defamation law.

In defamation law, matters of opinion are protected by the First Amendment. However, opinions based on undisclosed facts from non-public sources (which I have not made) can possibly be subject to defamation suits. Hypothetical example: "Based on the secret documents I've seen, I think Bob is an embezzler." In Loftus v. Nazari  the court found "Here the expression of the opinion gives rise to the inference that there are undisclosed facts that justify the forming of the opinion expressed by the defendant...To declare, without an indication of the basis for the conclusion, that a person is utterly devoid of moral principles may be found to imply the assertion that he has been guilty of conduct that would justify the reaching of that conclusion…."

Whereas "Based on the YouTube video Bob posted at this link you can watch for yourself, I think Bob is an embezzler" is protected opinion. The same court concluded, "A simple expression of opinion based on disclosed or assumed nondefamatory facts is not itself sufficient for an action of defamation, no matter how unjustified and unreasonable the opinion may be or how derogatory it is. "
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: so clean
The OPs questions have been answered, and this ongoing spat is off-topic from the OP's question.

Feel free to take the discussion into a new thread in the Off-Topic Forum if you guys want to discuss these off-topic legal issues in a civil manner.

For now, this thread is closed.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Exclaimation 
OMG now DME are selling SoClean
I can’t believe what I just saw on Facebook from my DME. Guess they don’t care that ozone ruins the seals. 

Note I was going to include a screenshot from my phone but keep getting file to big. Don’t know how becouse there no way to make it smaller than already is.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OMG now DME are selling SoClean
DME's are in the business of making money. mine has sold so-clean for a while.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2018, 08:20 PM)Robert121571 Wrote: I can’t believe what I just saw on Facebook from my DME. Guess they don’t care that ozone ruins the seals. 

Note I was going to include a screenshot from my phone but keep getting file to big. Don’t know how becouse there no way to make it smaller than already is.

I wonder how long until it becomes reimbursable by Medicare?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2018, 08:33 PM)srlevine1 Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 08:20 PM)Robert121571 Wrote: I can’t believe what I just saw on Facebook from my DME. Guess they don’t care that ozone ruins the seals. 

I wonder how long until it becomes reimbursable by Medicare?

When it becomes medically necessary and is prescribed by physicians...never.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Screenshots or photos from your phone have gotten really big due to high resolution screens. My iPhone 8 Plus screenshots are 1242x2208 and 2.72 MB. The limit on Apnea Board is 1-MB, which will handle lower resolutions.  Anything over 1080 width is too large and needs to be resized, and 800x600 is just fine on the forum.  There are many free apps (I use "Image Size') that will resize your screenshots and photos and save a smaller image.  800  x 1422 is still huge and cuts the image to 355 kb, and a more appropriate size 400x711 is only 110 kb.  Looks like I need to do some wiki work with images.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2018, 09:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:

Screenshots or photos from your phone have gotten really big due to high resolution screens. My iPhone 8 Plus screenshots are 1242x2208 and 2.72 MB. The limit on Apnea Board is 1-MB, which will handle lower resolutions.  Anything over 1080 width is too large and needs to be resized, and 800x600 is just fine on the forum.  There are many free apps (I use "Image Size') that will resize your screenshots and photos and save a smaller image.  800  x 1422 is still huge and cuts the image to 355 kb, and a more appropriate size 400x711 is only 110 kb.  Looks like I need to do some wiki work with images.

Ok the alert said 700kb and I’m also using an iPhone. Actually iPhone 8 Plus. And I just tried emailing my self the screenshot which gives me a pop up in the mail app showing the size and option to send it smaller. WOW actual size 3.6 MB. Well one way around it now is I can email the image to my self and tell the system to send medium which puts it under 700 KB.
Post Reply Post Reply
Robert, that will work for the screenshot, but consider getting the Image Size app or something similar. It lets you control the final output much better. I'll admit, your email method is what I used for a while.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

After two months of every-night use, my APAP system is still pristine and working fine with nothing other than my SoClean machine (also used daily) and occasional exterior wipe of the gel pillows.

What evidence do you have that ozone ruins the seals in my setup?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 225 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,796 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 183 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 675 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.