Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines
RE: OMG now DME are selling SoClean
(10-01-2018, 03:50 PM)PoolQ Wrote: yawn. I am sorry but yet another thread about SoClean and the exact same posts and arguments. I don't think anyone is changing their mind on either side.

It's too late for you.

We're trying to help prevent the next person from making a mistake.

As for cleaning, I haven't cleaned anything in months and no problems, no smells, etc. I'm not using the humidifier any more.

Note that I don't recommend not cleaning, just pointing out that being clean after SoClean treatment doesn't mean much.

Yeah, I should clean everything. I got lots of other shouldas.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OMG now DME are selling SoClean
This dead horse has been beaten, revived, turned into a zombie, beaten some more, then run around the paddock a few times.

I am going to close the thread. Not because I think the SoClean is a scam (which I do), but because this has been discussed ad nauseum and every time, tempers raise.

If anyone wishes to continue the debate, please do it gently in the Off Topic Forum. Should that thread degrade into bear poking, it will also be closed.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: skin irritation [SoClean to blame?] I’m suffering from the same thing
  • I’m suffering from the same kind of irritation  on my nose. I went to nasal pillows. Helps a bit but pillows come with it’s own sensitivity problems. How did you cure your irritation?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: skin irritation [SoClean to blame?]
I’m now told that Dawn shouldn’t be used. The formula has changed and it no longer meets the requirements. The So Clean Company has a formula that came with the machine. I didn’t think that I still had to clean the mask as well. Will try. I also change my masks on a regular basis. This problem didn’t start until I started using So Clean machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
SoClean Resmed Reservoir Adapter
Hello all

Do you leave the adapter lid on the reservoir or do you need to change it back everyday after cleaning?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SoClean Resmed Reservoir Adapter
I just leave the leftover water in the reservoir and use it the next day.

See no reason to use one of them $o Clean things.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thanks. My question, though, is does the hose attachment on the reservoir need to stay connected to the SoClean if you use the adapter lid? Or if the cpap is physically not connected , does the original reservoir lid need to me on in use.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope someone can answer your question. Unfortunately for you there aren't many SoClean fans on the forum. There are some users. Hopefully one of them will see your post and respond.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you use a SoClean with a ResMed AutoSet 10, the idea is to keep the SoClean adapter lid on with the black hose always connected to the SoClean.

The main reason being so you don't have to swap the lid back and forth every use.

The black hose is meant to always stay on. The black hose that goes to the SoClean has a back flow valve. As the AutoSet ramps up in pressure, the back flow valve prevents water for getting to your SoClean.

Guess what would happen if you take the black hose off and you try to use your AutoSet? I think you can imagine. The pressure would ramp up and you would end up with water spraying everywhere from the top SoClean black hose connector port. I suppose you could take it off when not in use. If you accidentally turn the AutoSet on though and there is water in the humidifier chamber, you will get water everywhere. Again, best practice would be to always keep it on.

Keep your original lid however. If you ever travel with your CPAP, odds are you are not going to lug your SoClean around also. Hence, you will need to remember to swap back to your original lid when you travel. Remember to swap the rubber seal also. Make sense?

Edit:

In addition, when you clean your humidifier reservoir, yes, you will obviously have to disconnect the black hose. Once done, you will have to connect it back.

I use distilled water. I believe this helps the reservoir stays clean longer versus using tap water. I maybe clean the reservoir every week or two with dish soap and a good rinse after followed by a small rinse of distilled water inside the reservoir top and bottom.

Yes, I use a SoClean Smile There. I said it Wink

This forum is awesome and I have learned a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2019, 08:40 PM)Commodore Wrote: Hello all

Do you leave the adapter lid on the reservoir or do you need to change it back everyday after cleaning?

The adapter lid with narrow black ozone hose is intended to be used all the time, but, instead, I use two tubs, one tub with its normal lid (when sleeping), and the other tub with the SoClean adapter lid and narrow black ozone hose connected to the SoClean machine (when using the SoClean). 

My pressure sometimes gets up to around 25 cmH2O which has caused the narrow black hose to gradually work loose and come off a few nights, always causing the water in the tank to be blown out and the edge of my bed and night table to get soaked.

So, to be sure the narrow hose will no longer occasionally loosen up and come off of the adapter lid, I no longer use the adapter lid when sleeping. 

When I want to get up, I turn off the CPAP machine, immediately remove, drain and thoroughly dry the regular tub, and then immediately I put the dry regular tub back in the machine to completely dry out (and help the machine, hose and mask to dry out) during the normal 20-minute cool-down cycle on the CPAP machine. Later, I’ll switch tubs and put my face mask in the SoClean so it will automatically run it’s cycle later. (I have the SoClean timed to run in the afternoon when no one will be in the bedroom.)

The regular CPAP hose and mask should not be put in the SoClean machine for ozoning without first installing in the CPAP machine a tub with the adapter lid and ozone hose, so the ozone first goes through the humidifier and hose and mask as it is being returned to the SoClean machine. 

Take care,
—Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 13 5,800 04-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Magoo905
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 162 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  csa machines cexer 1 135 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 239 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,914 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 208 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 415 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.