Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

Sex: Female

Question OPTISTART

How do I use Optiistart? Went into Clinical Menu and turned it on, but this does not show up in regular menu. So do I assume it is working? Do I need to change my bottom pressure number down to give it room to work. I am currently set at 8.5 to 15 range.
The 90% number runs between 9 and 10.
AHI runs from .4 to 3.0.
I think it is a neat feature available on the PR System One, and would like to see
what machine does compared with my current settings.
Thanks again!
Coffee[b]

OpalRose
01-26-2015 10:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

Sex: Male

RE: OPTISTART
optistart works within the bounds you supply. Since I had optistart turned on, it changed my start from 6.0 to 6.5 after about 8 days of use (my setting is 6.0 to 13.5). I saw that it did start for about 5 days at 6.5, and it shifted back to 6.0. It has done that twice in about a month now. It is back at 6.0. My 90% pressure is anywhere from 6.8 to 8.4 cmH2o, so it does not home in on the 90% value.

I don't know if sleepyhead detects or displays the optistart current value. But I was able to see when it changed, and confirmed in EncoreBasic which does report OptiStart.

good luck,

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
01-26-2015 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply