Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OS progress
RE: OS progress
(02-28-2014, 10:49 PM)zonk Wrote: Profile shows CPAP pressure:13 (fixed pressure) but from the sound of it, you set the machine on auto-adjust ... whats the range and pressure/leaks stats (median, 95th percentile, maximum)

The machine is set to auto, but I set the max to 13, because it came set at 10.

My leaks are usually at 2.0

Don't understand (median, 95th ect.).

Maybe I can figure how to post a few of the graphs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Franklyspeaking

Instructions for posting attachments are here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments

The 95%, median etc are listed on Sleepyhead just below the pie chart on the daily page.

Median means that 50% of the readings were at or below the number given.
95% means that 95% of the readings were at or below the number given. (Or to put it another way, only 5% were above that number).
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2014, 10:54 PM)Franklyspeaking Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 10:49 PM)zonk Wrote: Profile shows CPAP pressure:13 (fixed pressure) but from the sound of it, you set the machine on auto-adjust ... whats the range and pressure/leaks stats (median, 95th percentile, maximum)

If you have your machine set on auto, what is your lower pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2014, 03:36 AM)me50 Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 10:54 PM)Franklyspeaking Wrote:

If you have your machine set on auto, what is your lower pressure?
My ramp starting pressure is 4
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2014, 11:17 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Hi Franklyspeaking

Instructions for posting attachments are here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments

The 95%, median etc are listed on Sleepyhead just below the pie chart on the daily page.

95% means that 95% of the readings were at or below the number given. (Or to put it another way, only 5% were above that number).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2014, 11:34 AM)Franklyspeaking Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 11:17 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Hi Franklyspeaking

What I sent looks blurry not sure what I did. My husband reads the sd card on his computer and I used my iPad to post it. I copied the information also so here it also.

Channel Min Med 95% Max
PressurePressure (cmH20)
Avg: 9.26 4.00 9.94 11.60 12.66
EPAPExpiratory Pressure (cmH20)
Avg: 8.27 4.00 8.94 10.60 11.66
Minute Vent.Minute Ventilation (L/min)
Avg: 6.33 1.00 6.25 8.12 29.38
Resp. RateRespiratory Rate (breaths/min)
Avg: 16.88 6.80 16.60 19.60 45.00
Flow LimitFlow Limit Graph (0-1)
Avg: 0.02 0.00 0.02 0.26 0.62
LeaksLeak Rate (L/min)
Avg: 0.90 0.00 2.40 10.80 129.60
SnoreSnore (unknown)
Avg: 0.02 0.00 0.02 0.12 0.40
Insp TimeInspiratory Time (seconds)
Avg: 1.60 0.04 1.54 2.12 6.16
Exp TimeExpiratory Time (seconds)
Avg: 1.97 0.08 2.00 2.32 3.84
Tidal VolumeTidal Volume (ml)
Avg: 369.27 40.00 360.00 480.00 1700.00

Machine Settings
Pr. ReliefPressure Relief EPR x1

Session Information
SessionID On Date Start End
CPAP Sessions
1393574242ResMed CPAP 6h, 38m, 3s 2/28/2014 01:57 08:35

It doesn't look like what I saw more jumbled. Ok I'm not a computer wiz so please forgiveUnsure

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay. Let me walk you through a few things. But keep in mind, this is all based on a single night of data!!

First line, Pressure

The Min is 4. That's how low the pressure starts out. Which is also as low as the machine can go anyway. With you also using ramp, it's kinda worthless. The ramp's purpose is to start lower than your minimum pressure then slowly increase over a set time (you can set that time yourself) and end at your minimum pressure. So if you min is 4, then it's just sitting there running at 4. My suggestion is to increase your minimum pressure to 8. That way your ramp starts at 4 then slowly increases to 8.

Med is Median. This is where I based the suggestion of 8 on. Look through your data and see where the median usually is. If it stays at 9 something the majority of the time, then 8 as your minimum will be good. (I don't often look at my median number except when I am considering raising my lower pressure)

95% - this is the "meat" of the data, in my opinion. This means that 95% of that single night, you were at 11.6 or less. This is the pressure your body is using the most.

Max is just that. At some point during the night, your body needed 12.66.

Your 95% and your Max is just 1 pt apart. That's not bad. Keep watch, though. If your 95% and Max get closer, I'd consider increasing my maximum pressure just a half pt or so just to give myself a little room for growth.

Go down several lines to Leaks.
The 95% says 10.8 and that's great. But the max says 129. And that's not good at all. But it must not have been for long. Could have been you opened your mouth for a moment or two. You can look at that graph to see. That is why the 95% is so important.

The stuff in between are things I don't know much about. I am learning, and I know they are important, but I also know that Pressure and Leaks are Very Important Things and the rest don't matter if the Leak is high.

You can obsess over these numbers or you can just look them over and get a feel for them. My suggestion is to just watch those two: Pressure and Leak. Once you get a grip on what those are and what your norms are and what is going on and how you are doing and how you are feeling and what to do next and and and...then you can move on to what the heckaroni Tidal Volume is.

Have you checked out our Wiki?
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...=Wiki_Home

There's a page for acronyms/abbreviations
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2014, 09:59 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Okay. Let me walk you through a few things. But keep in mind, this is all based on a single night of data!!

First line, Pressure

The Min is 4. That's how low the pressure starts out. Which is also as low as the machine can go anyway. With you also using ramp, it's kinda worthless. The ramp's purpose is to start lower than your minimum pressure then slowly increase over a set time (you can set that time yourself) and end at your minimum pressure. So if you min is 4, then it's just sitting there running at 4. My suggestion is to increase your minimum pressure to 8. That way your ramp starts at 4 then slowly increases to 8.

Med is Median. This is where I based the suggestion of 8 on. Look through your data and see where the median usually is. If it stays at 9 something the majority of the time, then 8 as your minimum will be good. (I don't often look at my median number except when I am considering raising my lower pressure)

95% - this is the "meat" of the data, in my opinion. This means that 95% of that single night, you were at 11.6 or less. This is the pressure your body is using the most.

Max is just that. At some point during the night, your body needed 12.66.

Your 95% and your Max is just 1 pt apart. That's not bad. Keep watch, though. If your 95% and Max get closer, I'd consider increasing my maximum pressure just a half pt or so just to give myself a little room for growth.

Go down several lines to Leaks.
The 95% says 10.8 and that's great. But the max says 129. And that's not good at all. But it must not have been for long. Could have been you opened your mouth for a moment or two. You can look at that graph to see. That is why the 95% is so important.

The stuff in between are things I don't know much about. I am learning, and I know they are important, but I also know that Pressure and Leaks are Very Important Things and the rest don't matter if the Leak is high.

You can obsess over these numbers or you can just look them over and get a feel for them. My suggestion is to just watch those two: Pressure and Leak. Once you get a grip on what those are and what your norms are and what is going on and how you are doing and how you are feeling and what to do next and and and...then you can move on to what the heckaroni Tidal Volume is.

Have you checked out our Wiki?
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...=Wiki_Home

There's a page for acronyms/abbreviations
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

Thank you Paula02 for all your help. I'm learning but to be honest a lot of what I'm reading is confusing. I know I must be doing something right because so far why I started using the machine has stopped both things-snoring and no breathing at times.

I have not read read Wiki, have read some of the abbreviations which I keep forgetting. Lol. I will check out Wiki. Thanks for sharing.

I sent a money contribution because I really appreciate the dedication of all the folks that are the meat of this site.

Thanks for everyone's help, I feel so dumb sometimes asking questions so please forgive if my questions sound silly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep asking questions. We'll help you figure it out.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2014, 10:11 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Keep asking questions. We'll help you figure it out.

I'm going to adjust my Lowe pressure to 8 and see how that goes. I just thought that I should start low to keep from blowing me out, I usually have to feel for air to know if the machine is even blowing air, it's so quiet. I also don't have a problem increasing the pressure higher, since I know the machine will only give me what need anyway. Do you think 14 is good? I have it set to 13 right now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,462 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  So Much Progress! sleepygoo 0 340 10-17-2023, 09:53 AM
Last Post: sleepygoo
  SleepyRyans progress SleepyRyan 1 458 08-05-2023, 02:28 PM
Last Post: SleepyRyan
  [CPAP] stanleyjack cpap progress thread stanleyjack 58 3,767 05-21-2023, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] turbopenguin CPAP progress thread turbopenguin 14 1,079 04-14-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  No Progress: Merge Wperrott92 Therapy Thread Wperrott92 11 1,180 01-29-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Wperrott92
  Can someone look at my 45 day APAP progress data? Catherine416 4 843 01-26-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Catherine416

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.