Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OS progress
RE: OS progress
(03-01-2014, 10:18 PM)Franklyspeaking Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 10:11 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Keep asking questions. We'll help you figure it out.

I'm going to adjust my Lowe pressure to 8 and see how that goes. I just thought that I should start low to keep from blowing me out, I usually have to feel for air to know if the machine is even blowing air, it's so quiet. I also don't have a problem increasing the pressure higher, since I know the machine will only give me what need anyway. Do you think 14 is good? I have it set to 13 right now.

I would just make one change at a time and start with changing your lower pressure to 8. JMHO. Others will have more suggestions for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Franklyspeaking,
Just make one pressure change at a time and leave it for a week or so, checking your data each day. Remember, you are looking for trends, (changes over time.)
Good luck, keep us posted on your progress, keep up the good work.
I admire you for sticking with it, given that you haven't had a sleep study.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2014, 10:10 PM)Franklyspeaking Wrote: Thanks for everyone's help, I feel so dumb sometimes asking questions so please forgive if my questions sound silly.

Don't ever feel dumb~! If you were dumb, you'd not be smart enough to realize you don't know something...

We've all asked most of the same questions at one point or another, keep asking til it gets explained in a way that you understand Smile

Please remember, one night's data alone has no value, you are looking for trends over weeks or months not a day here or a day there. We all have both random good and bad days (or nights).

Me for example - great AHI lately, but last night I spiked my pressure to the limit, not once, but three different times, and my AHI last night was 14.9 (leaks were low) - in other words, I had a bad night last night, and if I looked at it alone, my machine (which goes to 25) isn't enough for me - but again, that was *one* night.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh heck yeah, Peter_C. Sometimes I can look at the data for a night and say "Yeah, that's the night I was up late arguing with the computer" or "I was stressing over whatever". But there's some nights I see a big spike in the AHI and I not see a thing different for that night.

And there's been the opposite. Go to bed with headache, bad day, high stress, bad night of sleep, wake up to an AHI of .6.

If I adjusted the pressure each week according to the data for that week, wow, it'd be all over the scale, week after week. I'm comfy where I am now.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Amen to that Paula~! Plus, I hate change! It's been bad enough just to be tracking the data (on my machine, must download every day, or lose detailed data) - but while a pain, it has taught me a fair bit - like focusing on the leak rate Smile
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,083 5 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,730 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  So Much Progress! sleepygoo 0 361 10-17-2023, 09:53 AM
Last Post: sleepygoo
  SleepyRyans progress SleepyRyan 1 471 08-05-2023, 02:28 PM
Last Post: SleepyRyan
  [CPAP] stanleyjack cpap progress thread stanleyjack 58 3,869 05-21-2023, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] turbopenguin CPAP progress thread turbopenguin 14 1,103 04-14-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  No Progress: Merge Wperrott92 Therapy Thread Wperrott92 11 1,237 01-29-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Wperrott92

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.