Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSA, CA & RERA
OSA, CA & RERA
I had an interesting night last night. I had the highest number of OSAs and CAs since I have received my machine. Conversely, I had the lowest RERA events since I got my machine. I feel better this morning that any day since I got my machine! I've been throwing several RERA events an hour for...who knows how long since I could not record data before the new machine. Last night I only had 6 RERA events the entire night! I guess that while the OSAs and CAs can be bad, if they don't last too long the RERA events can be worse for how you feel the next day! Interesting. Life on CPAP is certainly a balancing act! I'll be leaving the settings alone for another week or two and see where I go from here. While I do love the A-Flex, if these events don't settle down I may have to try turning it down to 1 or even off. Time will tell.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSA, CA & RERA
mjbearit, interesting. Most of us do not use the EPR (A-flex) and at one it doesn't give much expiratory relief.
Good luck, I hope you have more mornings waking up feeling good. It certainly is a balancing act and your decision not to change settings too often is a wise one. With my ASV I got in March only now do I feel I'm getting optimum results.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2012, 08:08 AM)mjbearit Wrote: While I do love the A-Flex, if these events don't settle down I may have to try turning it down to 1 or even off. Time will tell.
For me EPR (comfort feature) disrupt my breathing pattern and it feels the machine telling me when to breathe.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2012, 03:52 PM)zonk Wrote: For me EPR (comfort feature) disrupt my breathing pattern and it feels the machine telling me when to breathe.

I've never tried a ResMed machine, but I'm betting that the "Comfort Features" are probably about the same. I think it is probably one of those things that you like it or you don't. My concern is more what will give me a good night's sleep. You can get used to just about anything else! I've seen many times on here where someone has seen a change in their AHI simply from having the Comfort Feature on or off. While a good AHI does not always translate to a good nights sleep (in my experience) it is certainly a step in the right direction! I always felt like my old machine was trying to tell me when to breathe, problem is, it never said "now breathe out!".
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
I struggled with the CFLEX & AFLEX when I first started. It just didn't want to coincide with my breathing rhythm. It also caused my periodic breathing numbers to climb, so I turned it off. Better for me.
Your mileage may vary.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 178 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  Respiratory effort- related arousals (RERA's) MrIvanDrago 3 704 11-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  PLM pattern or RERA spikes? permabear 35 2,237 08-20-2023, 03:24 PM
Last Post: permabear
  [CPAP] What's the best CPAP for reducing RERA events Anthon 1 578 08-11-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Interrupted sleep: RERA and Flow limitation xaid 2 772 07-09-2023, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Persistent OA, Hypoapneas and RERA events despite Pressure Increase chewielotuses 7 1,022 04-23-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: chewielotuses
  High mask pressure causing RERA? webweaver 2 1,068 12-15-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.