Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSA -> CSA?
RE: OSA -> CSA?
Anyone have a link to a mask liner for ResMed F30? I tried looking around but didn't find anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's relatively new so it may not be listed on the supplier's website. I would recommend calling the manufacturer directly. In absence of that, do you have any old tee shirts and a pair of scissors?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input!

I'm using a ResMed P10 mask now. After an uncomfortable first night, I bought Ayr gel and cotton balls. Both are helping so much, the gel with the burning sensation and the cotton balls with leaks! I'm also taping my mouth and have purchased a cervical collar and hose hanger. 

Here's data from the second night. I feel relatively good this morning even though I slept only about 4 hours.  Hoping the numbers continue to improve! 

Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Also I'm wondering why the inspiratory portions of my flow rate curve are so flat (see attachment pls) even when flow limitation isn't present. I've seen curves that are bell shaped which I suppose is ideal?

Thanks for all the help!

Post Reply Post Reply
kuacc912 it sounds like you are using too small of a P10 cushion. Move up to the next size. The opening of the nasal pillows should rest on the lower rim (nares) of your nose and not insert into the nostril. The flatness of the inspiratory wave is flow limitation and infers an airway restriction that causes airflow to peak at lower level than normal. This can be caused by using the too small nasal cushion or other forms of upper airway restriction or congestion.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback Sleeprider. I am using a large nasal pillow. Don't reckon it's fitted too tightly. But ill try wearing it a little looser. I have rhinitis from seasonal allergies which I've been managing using flonase and salt rinsing. I wonder if the airway restriction is due to some other reason, since the flow limited breathing was also present when I was using the full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
A little more EPR can go a long way to help eliminate flow limitation. I would go to a minimum pressure of 6.0 and take EPR to a setting of 2. Your current median pressure is already 7.0 so it should not be a problem to increase your minimum pressure from 5 to 6, and you have enough OA events to justify a bit more minimum pressure. The EPR will help you feel like you get more airflow. Since you have been fighting congestion, that is the more likely cause of the minor flow limits.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback!! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi folks,

I've attached data from last night. I'm using a P10 mask now, pressure range of 6-12, at an EPR of 1. I'm also using climate control tubing, tube temperature at 86 degrees and humidity at 4. Also taping my mouth and using a cervical collar and hose hanger.  

Last night I felt like I woke up every hour, not because of shortness of breath as usually is the case, rather because I didn't feel like I was deep in sleep to begin with. After 7 hours of sleep, I woke up completely and didn't feel short of breath or body aches like I normally do; but I also felt like I didn't actually sleep throughout the night.

I then took off the mask and slept for another 3 hours. Sure enough, I awakened later with body aches and brain fog. I do not plan to sleep without the mask on again because it is apparently counterproductive. 

Just glad I managed to fall asleep with the new mask and accessories. I had been trying for the past few days. 

Any input on my data would be appreciated Smile

Thank you so much!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi folks,

I've attached data from last night. I'm using a P10 mask now, pressure range of 6-12, at an EPR of 1. I'm also using climate control tubing, tube temperature at 86 degrees and humidity at 4. Also taping my mouth and using a cervical collar and hose hanger.  

Last night I felt like I woke up every hour, not because of shortness of breath as usually is the case, rather because I didn't feel like I was deep in sleep to begin with. After 7 hours of sleep, I woke up completely and didn't feel short of breath or body aches like I normally do; but I also felt like I didn't actually sleep throughout the night.

I then took off the mask and slept for another 3 hours. Sure enough, I awakened later with body aches and brain fog. I do not plan to go back to sleep without the mask on again because it is apparently counterproductive. 

Just glad I managed to fall asleep with the new mask and accessories. I had been trying for the past few days. 

Any input on my data would be appreciated Smile

Thank you so much!!!

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.