Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSA -> CSA?
RE: OSA -> CSA?
I wanted to attach two more images, flow rate at a pressure of 9 and at a pressure of 6. The curve seems more sinusoidal / bell-shaped (steeper inspiration) at a pressure of 9. Does this justify increasing minimum pressure beyond 6? 

Thanks for the input! Appreciate it Smile))

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I experimented with different minimum pressure settings. Tried 8 and then 7. Both caused some discomfort in my chest. So I settled with 6.4 last night (EPR 1). Very satisfied with the numbers, although I used the machine for only 3 hours last night before my nose couldn't handle the discomfort any longer. Going to pick up some Lanisoh today.

Posted a screenshot of last night's data. Any input would be appreciated. Smile

Hope it continues to improve!

Post Reply Post Reply
Looking better from what I see. This should continue to improve for you. Congrats.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave! Hit a bump in the road but sticking with it of course.

I've been using the Eliminator cervical collar. I find it a little too stiff and uncomfortable on the chin. Does anyone have a recommendation for an alternative collar, one that wouldn't be as stiff and hurt my chin?

Thanks! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know much about it, but a Caldera Releaf Neck Rest comes up in a Google search. A Releaf collar was mentioned recently here on AB. Try some research and see if it grades OK.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi folks,

It's been a while since I posted but I've plateaued around 3 events per hour after a few weeks of consistent use. My pressure range is 6.6-10 and EPR has been at 1.

I've attached some data. The second pic shows a breathing pattern where there's a large swing in flow rate followed by a central event. Not all central events are preceded by this breathing pattern - does anyone have possible explanations?

Thanks so much! Grateful for the help!

Post Reply Post Reply
With this level of idiopathic CA, ASV is pretty much out of the question. Flow limitations are present throughout therapy, and I think that is the cause of hypopnea, arousals and eve the CA we see in the closeup above. The event shows flow limited breathing followed by a sigh, then the 20 second central. Looking back through this thread, your settings have not changed, other than increasig minimum pressure from 5.0 to 6.6, and the CA events have attenuated without intervention.

Flow limitations and arousals have been prevalent throughout this thread, and we have been reluctant to deal with them out of concern we will increase CA events. If you don't mind doing something counter-intuitive, let's try increasing EPR to 2. This could increase your CA events, or there is also an outside chance it will decrease flow limits and actually result in fewer events. Please know this is not a conventional approach, but we might as well give it a try and observe the results. Your feedback on comfort is more important than numbers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey thanks for the input! The central AI score more than doubled at an EPR of 2. I'm thinking to switch back to the full face mask and start at EPR 1 and work down to 0. Could use your input. 

Thanks for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone! 

I am switching over from APAP to ASV. I was using APAP at a pressure range of 8-11 with EPR of 1. What settings do you recommend for the ASV? (Min EPAP, Max EPAP, Min PS, Max PS). 

I'd appreciate any help!

Thank you so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which ASV are you ending up with? If it is the same as mine, the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV, I'd run it in Mode ASV Auto, plug in your 8-11 into EPAP Min-Max, and add 3-15 PS. Alternate is EPAP 7-12. Good luck, try it and post OSCAR ASAP. Oh and no Ramp.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.