Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSA -> CSA?
RE: OSA -> CSA?
Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate it!

My doctor set the machine as follows. Min EPAP = 6; Max EPAP = 12; Min PS = 4; Max PS = 10.

Why do you recommend a wider PS range?

Thank you again!
Post Reply Post Reply
3-15 PS is default. EPAP is something that you always "touch" or feel its effects. Although PS is set by you yet your ASV only uses what is needed. I myself got great results from titrating the EPAP and more or less leaving PS as defaults.

I do know the ASV must add PS onto EPAP to get your IPAP, I had the idea PS is only added in smaller increments to give an IPAP, where EPAP ranges more frequently up and down the range.

You could try what doc wants and let us see the data along with your user comments.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the titration protocol for ASVauto using the Aircurve 10 Vauto. Note that EPAP min can be affected by CPAP experience where the minimum pressure needed to prevent obstructive apnea is known.  While default starting settings are EPAP min 5.0, EPAP max 15.0, PS min 3.0 and PS max 15.0, we will often reduce the maximum EPAP and PS to make therapy more comfortable.  In theory, the machine only provides what you need, but there are many reasons that we reduce pressures from this recommendations. The bottom line is, it appears your doctor is using his best judgement to merge your CPAP experience with the rest of his experience with ASV. Like us, he may make changes as he sees the results.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone! I appreciate the feedback from all of you. My first two nights on ASV were terrible. I wasn't been able to use it for more than a couple of hours on each of these two nights. My AHI is far higher than it was with APAP. It feels like I am using APAP with EPR set at 0 (which I never did because of how uncomfortable that was). Last night, I woke up from aerophagia. Can someone please suggest how I should proceed with using the ASV?

Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Due to aerophagia, it's possible to dial it back a bit and help you get used to the ASV. Give an OSCAR so we see what's been going on and then suggestions are easier to come up with. We'd need data anyway to compare before and after adjusting downward. I've had aerophagia before and found a slightly raised head area and sleeping on the left helps also. At least with me it did so.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.