Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSA/ Daytime Blood Pressure
OSA/ Daytime Blood Pressure
How does OSA effect daytime blood pressure? I can understand that while sleeping, with OSA, your B.P. well go up. But after you wake up and going during the day, how does the OSA from the night before cause high B.P. during the day when you can breath and get enough oxygen? Just don't see how that works. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSA/ Daytime Blood Pressure
I guess it depends on how long there's been chronic damage to the heart from untreated Apnea. It takes time to heal and recover from that damage. And then there's other causes besides Apnea that raises blood pressure, stress, obesity, high salt intake, the condition of the blood vessels, other heart problems, lung issues as well can cause BP issues, hereditary conditions, and so on.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Of course those other things cause high BP. But you hear and read that OSA causes high BP, like when your just sleeping or trying to, or overall as a chronic condition because of it? Maybe they should say, momentarily causes high BP during sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
To stick wit 1 thread, though it's a different question, 2 nights ago, I increased the pressure from 5.5 to 6. My AHI dropped a good bit. I increased it to 6.5 to see if it was even better, but it went up instead. I just don't get it. Slept deeply, a lot of vivid dreams that lasted a long time. Woke up brain fogged. Why does not AHI drop when pressure is increased? Doesn't make sense to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Show the OSCAR data so we see what's going on. There's likely some tells that clue us in on this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
regarding blood pressure, I have similar questions I'd like to learn more about.

even with bp meds & my ahi down to under 2 most of the time, my bp is stage 2 high in the morning, dropping incrementally most days until more or less normal or below normal in the evening, the latter varying primarily as a function of physical activity.

seems logical to suspect something about sleep or lack of sleep as a factor in this dynamic.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
In this day & age, and with what's going on, not only in our own country, but with the rest of the world, who DOESN'T have high BP?  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daytime sleepiness zzcop302 0 97 03-15-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zzcop302
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,745 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Low daytime SPO2 and fatigue vpsdub 30 3,070 09-28-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: vpsdub
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  andielv's Therapy Thread - Daytime Drowsiness andielv 5 623 07-18-2023, 08:30 PM
Last Post: andielv

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.