Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR 1.2.0 & ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
OSCAR 1.2.0 & ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Just starting using new ResMed AirCurve 10. Noticed a couple differences in the OSCAR data from the data when I was using the DreamStation:

[Image: I5jsEdT.png][Image: JzALCez.png]

Is there any reason why the other data didn't populate and is there a way to get it to?

Also, I assume the reason I got 3 separate time recordings is because Smart Start was enabled and it will turn back on every time I disconnect the hose and start a new session?
[Image: wZSttup.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR 1.2.0 & ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
You are correct about Smart Start.  

No two manufacturers report the same information in the exact same way or fashion. Everything that each brand reports is being reported.  Leaks and Flow Limitation are displayed in the graphs for a Resmed.  Also, a VAuto doesn't report RERAs, VS and VS2.   PB, if sensed, will be reported as CSR on a Resmed.  That is why we recommend that you create a new profile when changing brands.  One other tidbit, FLs on a Resmed are reported on a scale of 0 - 1.  A Philips uses a completely different scale and listed as a percentage.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2021, 06:10 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: PB, if sensed, will be reported as CSR on a Resmed.  That is why we recommend that you create a new profile when changing brands.

Would a CSR then be reported in the graphs section?

What would creating a new profile do in terms of the data that I'm not getting now?
Post Reply Post Reply
CSR is an event and will be listed in the Events graph and on the Flow Chart. I am assuming that the "data you're not getting now" is referring to your Philips data? If so, it would remain in your old profile.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2021, 01:49 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: CSR is an event and will be listed in the Events graph and on the Flow Chart.  I am assuming that the "data you're not getting now" is referring to your Philips data?  If so, it would remain in your old profile.

So, I assume if there's no CSR (PB) listed there, you're saying it would be zero?  There's rarely been a night that I don't get at least some PB, so that couldn't be the case. Perhaps ResMed's measurements aren't as sensitive?
Yes, was referring to the Philips data.
When you state, " That is why we recommend that you create a new profile when changing brands.", what exactly would that give me that I don't have now?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is what you get when you have a ResMed machine in your profile:
Code:
void Profile::forceResmedPrefs()
{
       session->setBackupCardData(true);
       session->setDaySplitTime(QTime(12,0,0));
       session->setIgnoreShortSessions(0);
       session->setCombineCloseSessions(0);
       session->setLockSummarySessions(true);
       general->setPrefCalcPercentile(95.0);    // 95%
       general->setPrefCalcMiddle(0);           // Median (50%)
       general->setPrefCalcMax(1);              // 99.9th percentile max
}
If those are not what you want for your non-ResMed data, then you should create a new profile for your ResMed machine.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2021, 06:50 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Here is what you get when you have a ResMed machine in your profile:
Code:
void Profile::forceResmedPrefs()
{
       session->setBackupCardData(true);
       session->setDaySplitTime(QTime(12,0,0));
       session->setIgnoreShortSessions(0);
       session->setCombineCloseSessions(0);
       session->setLockSummarySessions(true);
       general->setPrefCalcPercentile(95.0);    // 95%
       general->setPrefCalcMiddle(0);           // Median (50%)
       general->setPrefCalcMax(1);              // 99.9th percentile max
}
If those are not what you want for your non-ResMed data, then you should create a new profile for your ResMed machine.

Forgive me, but please show me how to get into my profile again. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like the ResMed is breaking up the recordings despite my disabling the auto feature. How to fix.
Post Reply Post Reply
You get to (all the) profiles with the tab in the top left. Click on a profile name to select it. Then over in the right column, you click on edit, or new if you want to create a new profile.

Which 'auto feature' are you referring to? If it is the noon break, that can not be changed in any profile containing a ResMed machine.

If you have a combined profile, there are several ways to split them, which I can describe later.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2021, 04:26 PM)pholynyk Wrote: You get to (all the) profiles with the tab in the top left. Click on a profile name to select it. Then over in the right column, you click on edit, or new if you want to create a new profile.

Which 'auto feature' are you referring to? If it is the noon break, that can not be changed in any profile containing a ResMed machine.

If you have a combined profile, there are several ways to split them, which I can describe later.

Sorry, meant to say Smart Start was disabled but it's still breaking up the recordings when I need to disconnect. Don't know why it keeps doing that. The Philips didn't do that unless I turned off/on the machine.

I see where to edit the profile and create a new profile in OSCAR but I know what to do after to add the features I want.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 140 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResM AirCurve 11 VAuto - Where to send zip file Empty13220 1 94 04-09-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  VAuto 11 Resmed SD card zip for developers. Where to upload? OviBerger 1 133 04-08-2024, 08:24 AM
  Oscar and ResMed Domino96 13 1,179 03-27-2024, 06:53 PM
  Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD Mal777 15 989 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 238 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,529 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.