Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR 1.2.0 & ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
RE: OSCAR 1.2.0 & ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Found Preferences, although I don't see where it says "CombineCloseSessions" under any of these tabs in order to fix the problem with the separate time recordings (see 2nd image).

Please advise.
[Image: BQtqAvD.png]

[Image: wZSttup.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
You cannot change the Combine Close Sessions. It is forced off when you have a ResMed machine.

Stop trying.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2021, 10:18 PM)pholynyk Wrote: You cannot change the Combine Close Sessions. It is forced off when you have a ResMed machine.

Stop trying.

Just so I understand, unlike with the Philips machine, with a ResMed machine, any time I disconnect my mask (like when I need to go pee), it will stop, and once I re-connect, will start a new session, correct? With the Philips it would only start a new session if it was for a length of time.

And as to the other OSCAR data I had when I was using my Philips, I assume there is also no way to make any changes in the OSCAR setup for the ResMed?
Post Reply Post Reply
In the left hand column where the AHI is on top - use the slider bar and go to the very bottom.  There you will find your sessions - click in the box under on and any you check will show up on the charts.  Any you don't check will not (maybe you had a few minutes trying to adjust a mask earlier in the day and don't what that session to show).
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, thanks, did that, but I'm still not able to get the same data I had with the Philips (see the images from post #1).
Post Reply Post Reply
Going back to your first post and the images: as CN said in post #2, ResMed CPAP machines don't report the same data in the same way as PRS machines. This results in OSCAR showing data in a different way.

Specifically, working from the top down:

Periodic Breathing (PB) is reported by ResMed as Cheynes-Stokes Respiration (CSR). If you always saw PB with Dreamstation and are not seeing CSR with ResMed, that would be because the two machines identify PB or CSR differently. It may be that ResMed is trying harder to identify only CSR than Dreamstation which is not attempting to refine PB that much.  CSR is just one, rarer type of periodic breathing. Having said that, CSR as reported by ResMed is often seen to be just periodic breathing upon examination of the wave forms.  In any case, the data is what is produced by the machine and OSCAR is just reporting that.  Also, OSCAR won't show a CSR line until a CSR event has been reported. After it first sees a CSR on any day, that line will be shown for every day, even if zero.

Flow Limitations are reported by PRS as events, so appear in the colored table in the left bar. ResMed reports flow limitations as waveform data. so flow limitations are seen in a graph instead.

RERA: Your ResMed machine is a VAuto and VAuto machines do not report RERAs.

Vibratory Snore, Vibratory Snore (VS2) are reported as events by the Dreamstation. ResMed reports snoring as waveform data, so snoring is seen in a graph instead.

Variable Breathing and Breathing Not Detected are events reported by Dreamstation. ResMed does not report that data.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2021, 08:17 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: Going back to your first post and the images: as CN said in post #2, ResMed CPAP machines don't report the same data in the same way as PRS machines. This results in OSCAR showing data in a different way.

Specifically, working from the top down:

Periodic Breathing (PB) is reported by ResMed as Cheynes-Stokes Respiration (CSR). If you always saw PB with Dreamstation and are not seeing CSR with ResMed, that would be because the two machines identify PB or CSR differently. It may be that ResMed is trying harder to identify only CSR than Dreamstation which is not attempting to refine PB that much.  CSR is just one, rarer type of periodic breathing. Having said that, CSR as reported by ResMed is often seen to be just periodic breathing upon examination of the wave forms.  In any case, the data is what is produced by the machine and OSCAR is just reporting that.  Also, OSCAR won't show a CSR line until a CSR event has been reported. After it first sees a CSR on any day, that line will be shown for every day, even if zero.

Flow Limitations are reported by PRS as events, so appear in the colored table in the left bar. ResMed reports flow limitations as waveform data. so flow limitations are seen in a graph instead.

RERA: Your ResMed machine is a VAuto and VAuto machines do not report RERAs.

Vibratory Snore, Vibratory Snore (VS2) are reported as events by the Dreamstation. ResMed reports snoring as waveform data, so snoring is seen in a graph instead.

Variable Breathing and Breathing Not Detected are events reported by Dreamstation. ResMed does not report that data.

Thanks, appreciate the clarification.
Post Reply Post Reply
The thing about Resmed is that they combine certain data in their source files. OSCAR (at least for me on the Autoset 10) DOES show separate sessions, as long as they are more than about a minute or so apart. I usually leave it 2 minutes to be sure if I know I want to have them marked as separate sessions. But if I turn off the machine just for a few seconds to take a sip of water, then OSCAR will display those two sessions as one - but you can see if you zoom in on the data the break between those sessions too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2021, 07:49 AM)Ratchick Wrote: The thing about Resmed is that they combine certain data in their source files. OSCAR (at least for me on the Autoset 10) DOES show separate sessions, as long as they are more than about a minute or so apart. I usually leave it 2 minutes to be sure if I know I want to have them marked as separate sessions. But if I turn off the machine just for a few seconds to take a sip of water, then OSCAR will display those two sessions as one - but you can see if you zoom in on the data the break between those sessions too.

I don't turn off the machine at all. I just disconnect the nreconnect the mask and for some reason, it triggers a new recording.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's not much point in recording anything/nothing when the mask is disconnected, so it stops recording. When you start using the mask, it starts recording.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 134 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResM AirCurve 11 VAuto - Where to send zip file Empty13220 1 93 04-09-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  VAuto 11 Resmed SD card zip for developers. Where to upload? OviBerger 1 129 04-08-2024, 08:24 AM
  Oscar and ResMed Domino96 13 1,175 03-27-2024, 06:53 PM
  Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD Mal777 15 988 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 238 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,525 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.