Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR 1.3.0 Linux amd64 with F&P SleepStyle data import issue [Solved #15]
OSCAR 1.3.0 Linux amd64 with F&P SleepStyle data import issue [Solved #15]
I've installed OSCAR 1.3.0 on two computers running Ubuntu 20.04 amd64 and one with Debian 11 amd64, set the default Profile except for patient ID number, used File, Import CPAP Card Data or CPAP Importer or F2; inserted the USB from the F&P SleepStyle, "Please insert your CPAP data card", after selecting the default USB root directory, reverts back the Welcome screen with notification "First import can take a few minutes." then waited for an hour and nothing shows up. I've done this numerous times on each device. The data should be available back to 21st December 2021 when I began using this machine. This is the first machine I've used that has data saving capacity, so, there is no other data to import. I've seen that my CPAP is supported but suspect that there's atleast one issue in the current 1.3.0 version related to Linux OS.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR 1.3.0 Linux amd64 with F&P SleepStyle data import issue
Does the serial number of your machine contain any letters? If it is all digits without any letters, OSCAR is misidentifying the machine as an F&P Icon. I can send you a link to a test version of OSCAR that will resolve this problem.

If it contains letters, then the problem is something else. Please make a zip of OSCAR diagnostics data in the OSCAR_Data/logs directory and upload it to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from. That diagnostic data should help identify the problem.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
SN ends in ...92J. File uploaded.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you try to import from the USB stick, are you selecting the volume or are you selecting the FPHCARE directory? You need to select the volume and let OSCAR find the FPHCARE directory on the volume.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It finds the correct directory on it's own. But, I thought that the directory structure is associated with Icon.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
File structure: /media/jonathan/FPHCARE/FPHCARE/ICON/7*92J/REALTIME/HRD000*.EDF

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
SleepStyle and Icon machines have a very similar folder structure. The version of OSCAR you are using identifies SleepStyle by the serial number not being all numeric -- it turned out that identification method was not reliable, but that isn't your problem. In OSCAR 1.3.1, the key to identifying SleepStyle will be the presence of the RealTime folder, which Icon machines do not have.

When you respond to the "Find your CPAP data card," you should be selecting FPHCARE in jonathan, not the next level FPHCARE down. Are you doing that?
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
I've allowed OSCAR to select the USB volume on each system but nothing eventuates in the welcome screen.

I've also attempted to select volume drive directories with the same level of success.

I've read there's a similar issue with Chromebook so I expect the issue is slightly less complicated.

I included the image of the directory structure because the directory FPHCARE is at two levels of the directory tree and also an ICON directory which is known to have issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's something to try: Copy the entire USB stick to a folder on your hard drive. So that folder will contain the FPHCARE directory. Then import from the folder you created on the hard drive.

I have sent you a PM with a new version of OSCAR to try.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
I've allowed it to search for itself and does select the FPHCARE directory on it's own and that still achieved nothing unless there's something in the dropbox file that shows otherwise. I've also tried selecting each directory and get the same result... nothing. Is it worth me installing OSCAR 1.3.1?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 79 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 810 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 145 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 293 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.