Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR 1.3.1 on ARM Chromebook
OSCAR 1.3.1 on ARM Chromebook
I just tried installing thi son an arm64 Chromebook, and the installation failed.

the system says

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
oscar: Depends: libdouble-conversion 1 but it is not intallable

The currect version of Debian Linux for ChromeOS or crostini is Bullseye, which happened about 3 weeks before the realease of oscar 1.3.1

Presumably this version was test installed on both buster and bullseye and on amd64 and arm64.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR v1.3.1 is released
(02-16-2022, 03:39 PM)mjphyi Wrote: I just tried installing thi son an arm64 Chromebook, and the installation failed.
Presumably this version was test installed on both buster and bullseye and on amd64 and arm64.

Not a dev, but the Chromebook ARM release says Debian 10.

Since the Debian release has separate packages for 10 and 11, I would assume the Chromebook releases is only for 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2022, 04:18 PM)ST Dog Wrote: Not a dev, but the Chromebook ARM release says Debian 10.

Since the Debian release has separate packages for 10 and 11, I would assume the Chromebook releases is only for 10.

That's not so helpful for anybody following the instructions, which for some reason advise updating to the latest version of chrome OS.
And if you do that, and then enable Linux under Chrome OS, you get bullseye, version 11. So one presumes the actual devs thought that building a version of 1.3.1 for amd64 was worth doing twice, one for buster and one for bullseye, but either forgot to do this for arm64, or perhaps thought it didn't matter.

Either was, that seems to have been bad news for arm64 Chromebook users.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Chromebook is an Intel CPU, and it has v 98, and when I cat /etc/debian_version I get 10.11 which is Buster..
None of us devs has an Arm64 Chromebook, so we build on a Raspberry Pi running Debian. I deliberately left it on Buster because that was what my Chromebook uses.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
mjphyi - Do you have any version of libdouble-conversion? Most likely, it will be libdouble-conversion3. It's the latest version.

In a terminal, try this command to see if you have any version. dpkg -l | grep -i libdouble-conversion

If so, you may need to create a symlink to it using libdouble-conversion1 as the link name.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't any Chromebook. I juste do with a Raspberry pi with Debian.
Actually, mine is with Debian 11.2 and dpkg -l | grep -i libdouble-conversion says libdouble-conversion3
The build script shell takes the version of libdouble-conversion what is installed on the computer what makes the build.
So maybe the solution for arm is I can a deb build with libdouble-conversion3 & Phil build the one with libdouble-conversion1.
The final user has just choose the right version depending on his version.
Say to me if it's ok for you & if so, what build is needed (no of commit).
I have checked something : On the 1.3.5 alpha The deb file which is in my dropbox, it says Debian10 arm but the link is with libdouble-conversion3 --> It was probably with Debian 11. --> I'll check what later.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
You can have the depends of a deb file with dpkg -I (capital i)
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have modified a file with says the wrong version of Debian (it is not in the file of OSCAR).
Now the build script says :
Debian11 arm --> libdouble-conversion3
Debian10 arm --> libdouble-conversion1

PS : I don't things making a soft link is a good idea. It's OS file.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2022, 11:49 PM)untoutseul05 Wrote: PS : I don't things making a soft link is a good idea. It's OS file.

It's been a while but I recall lots of libraries using links like that in the past.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can do it if you want a link without the version in the name.
python for example is like what.

In what case, the build is false. It have been built with another packet (names are different).
It's not 2 versions of the same paquet (same name).

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 232 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,334 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 469 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ARM processor in Acer Chromebook LeeKopp 3 649 09-22-2021, 03:01 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR v1.2.0 with FlashPaP and Chromebook question tonyt 8 1,191 11-16-2020, 07:06 PM
Last Post: tonyt
  OSCAR on Asus Chromebook success tonyt 2 1,047 08-18-2020, 01:11 AM
Last Post: tonyt
  Is it possible to run Oscar on Chromebook? rugo32 2 1,111 04-13-2020, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.