Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR 1.3.1 on Linux not showing new data?
Sad 
OSCAR 1.3.1 on Linux not showing new data?
I haven't downloaded my CPAP card in ages, didn't have a real strong reason to.  I saw the update message when I started OSCAR so I downloaded and installed 1.3.1 following the directions in the install wiki - including doing a purge of the existing install.  (I am running an up-to-date install of Debian Linux (Buster) w/ KDE for my window manager)
When I started the new install, it gave me the following message on the welcome page -

Code:
The last time you used your ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet...
was 419 days ago (on Wednesday, December 2, 2020)

Your machine was on for 6 hours, 5 minutes and 0 seconds.
You had an AHI of 1.15, which is over your 7 day average of 0.46.
Your pressure was under 10.74 cmH2O for 95% of the time.
Your average leaks were 7.73 L/min, which is over your 7 day average of 6.04.
Note the date... Huhsign I downloaded the SD card again (even though it said it had already done so...) with no change.  I went into the Data menu, and told it to rebuild the database, no change...  I exited and restarted the program, and still no change.
The Overview page shows dates from 5/18/20 to 12/2/20
Looking at the SD card w/ Dolphin, it shows a file "str.edf" w/ today's date, and the directories have lots of entries w/ dates from 12/3/20 to today. (I don't see anything older than 12/3/20 on the card)  The card shows 2.4Gib Free. My PC shows the correct date and time. 
System info in the troubleshooting menu gives me:
Code:
OSCAR 1.3.1+3ca1ee24 (linux x86_64)
Built with Qt 5.11.3 on Jan 23 2022 17:44:03

Operating system: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Graphics Engine: 4.3 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 18.3.6
Graphics Engine type: OpenGL

Data directory: /home/atorrey/Documents/OSCAR_Data
What is wrong, how do I fix it?
FWIW, I'm not feeling like I'm having any problems w/ my sleep other than waking up w/ a really dry mouth, which is why I hadn't bothered to check for so long.  
Thanks,
ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR 1.3.1 on Linux not showing new data?
Off the wall idea: is there any possibility you imported from an old disk directory and not from the SD card?

Let's look at the diagnostic logs first. Start OSCAR, select Help / Troubleshooting / Create zip of OSCAR diagnostic logs. Upload the resulting zip file to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.

If that doesn't provide an answer, I'll probably ask you to zip and upload your SD card. But let's wait until I first look at the log.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also... BTW... Buster is now oldStable... Bullseye is now the stable release

Although I don't think that is related to your problem so follow Guy's suggestions above first.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
delete all data folders that you can think off then copy over again at new location. oscar will ask to select new folder, select no for the recommended folder and choose manually the new data folder.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2022, 11:27 PM)hensem Wrote: delete all data folders that you can think off then copy over again at new location. oscar will ask to select new folder, select no for the recommended folder and choose manually the new data folder.

I think it wiser to first figure out what is going on before using a shotgun approach.

It is always possible just to create a new profile and import data into that.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2022, 07:50 PM)I have uploaded a zip of the logs as requested - I added a file READ-MY-NAME.txt to it w/ my real and usernames.  I don\t think it pulled the data from an old disk directory, but it's possible, hopefully the logs will tell you.  The on-screen messages when I was doing the download didn't say where it was getting it. just that it succeeded.  I know that Dolphin had no problem finding the SD-card.  There were some files in the /home Wrote:
Code:
/Documents/OSCAR_Data
directory that were updated, but I didn't see any of the same data structures I saw on the SD card in the OSCAR_Data directory, but I'm not sure if there should be.

I will hold off on any 'shotgun' efforts until I get further ideas from you.

Ex-Gooserider

GuyScharfOff the wall idea: is there any possibility you imported from an old disk directory and not from the SD card?

Let's look at the diagnostic logs first.  Start OSCAR, select Help / Troubleshooting / Create zip of OSCAR diagnostic logs. Upload the resulting zip file to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.

If that doesn't provide an answer, I'll probably ask you to zip and upload your SD card. But let's wait until I first look at the log.
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your problem is related to your enabling the "Compress Session Data" option in File/Preferences/Import. I thought we had fixed that problem some time ago. but perhaps yours is a different case (or it's something else entirely).

Please show me name, size and date of all files named str*.* in the root directory of your SD card and in the Backup directory in your profile.

And what version of OSCAR were you running before you upgraded to 1.3.1?
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
SD Card -
STR.edf  105.4 KiB (107,814) Modified 1/29/22 8:01:58 AM EST

I'm not sure about the other file, so I have zipped up the entire Oscar-Data directory on the PC, and also the entire SD card and put them in your drop box
The drop box didn't do quite right when doing the upload, let me know if the files got to you OK
ex-Gooserider
Post Reply Post Reply
No, neither of your uploads got through. What kind of error message was displayed?

Is either file greater than 2 GB in size? That's the maximum file size my DropBox will allow for an uploaded file.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
One file was about 580KB the other was 560KB, so size shouldn't have been an issue.
I didn't get an error message. 
The first time I tried to upload both files at once, which it seemed to allow, but after the first one went up,(it said it was 100% loaded) it just sat w/ a churning box w/o ever starting the second one. 
After a long wait, I reloaded the page and tried to load the second one by itself and it went to 100 and again sat there w/ a churning box...
I will give it another try.
ex-Gooserider
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 9 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 107 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 218 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.