Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR 1.3.1 on Linux not showing new data?
RE: OSCAR 1.3.1 on Linux not showing new data?
I gave it another try, and waited a long time after it said 'less than a minute' and finally it gave me a success message and sent me an email saying the files were uploaded...  So hopefully it worked this time...

ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the OSCAR_Data directory but not the SD card. Could you zip the SD card and upload that as well?

Thanks.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Strange - I got the same result sending up the SD card file as I did the OSCAR-Data file.  I got the confirmation email at 7:06 on the first file and 8:56 (EST) on the second one...

At any rate I am now sending up the SD card file again...

ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dropbox said it has the zipped SD card file, both in a confirmation email and saying it is done uploading on it's screen - the last 'under a minute' took over 25 minutes Huhsign  Let me know if it is still a problem.

ex-Goosrider
Post Reply Post Reply
I go the SD card. I'll look at the files tomorrow.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great, glad it finally worked. Hope the files help you find a fix.

ex-Gooserider
Post Reply Post Reply
I've looked at both your files and the reason newer data isn't shown in OSCAR reports is because (... sound of drumroll ..) the newer data isn't in OSCAR.

There is no sign of any data having been imported since 1/1/2021, which suggests that the import process failed before doing anything. The problem could be in OSCAR or in your Linux installation, just as you originally reported.

Here's a test to try: In OSCAR, create a new profile. Import your SD card into the new profile. How long does that import process take (it should take a while) and are there any messages at all? Are you sure you are specifying the correct volume for the SD card?

Presuming this fails, exit OSCAR and manually zip the OSCAR_Data/logs directory and upload that to my Dropbox folder.

Then try copying your SD card to your hard drive and import from the hard drive instead of directly from the SD card. Does this work?
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
We now think this is some kind of mount problem in KDE/Linux such that the SD card is not being seen by OSCAR. Pholynyk will post more details on what to look for.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
I looked at the debug log for your first attempt with v1.3.1. It looks to me that OSCAAR couldn't find any SD card. Upon Googling, I found this link: https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/plasma-de...index.html
It seems that the KDE desktop manager doesn't mount disks automattically unless you have fiddled with some options - but Dolphin will do it for you... so it found the card.
To find out if auto-mounting works, plug in your SD card, then enter 'mount' in a terminal. If you find your SD card, it auto-mounted. If not, start Dolphin and look for the card. Once found, close Dolphin, and try the 'mount' again. If you don't find the SD card now, there is some other problem. If you do, open OSCAR and try the import. You should briefly see the 'Scanning...' message and then see a confirmation question. So go ahead and import.
Please report back, success or failure.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like you nailed it pholynyk!  like As you suggested I ran mount, then put the card in the PC and ran mount again, it didn't show.  I then opened Dolphin, which showed the card.  I closed Dolphin and ran mount a 3rd time, and this time the card showed up. 
I then went to Oscar, clicked on Import and it said that it found a card (previously it asked me where it was) and asked about importing it which it did when I clicked yes...
I now have the data imported and showing up until 2/1/22 as expected...
I also am happy to see that the problem I was having of the mouse not working right (which I reported back when I was first getting started w/ Oscar v. 1.1.1 or so) has been fixed - it now works fine...
I don't know if this is something worth documenting anywhere or not?
Thanks for the help!
ex-Gooserider
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 75 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 107 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 221 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.