Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - "BRICK!" error
OSCAR - "BRICK!" error
Hello All,

I'm relatively new here.  

I had a question about a strange error I'm getting in OSCAR--- which I've never used before.  (I have used Sleepyhead in the past with success.)

I have a ResMed Airsense 10 machine.  I remove the data chip and am successful in downloading the data in to OSCAR.

When I go to OSCAR to look at the data, on the OVERVIEW screen, I can see daily usage hours, session times and pressures.  However, AHI is blank for every day.

When I click on the calendar on the left of the "daily" tab, it give me the start and stop times OK, but gives the following for the AHI:

BRICK! Sad

in yellow letters on orange background.

This is true for every single day of data for the last three years.

Can someone please advise?  I would like access to my AHI data.  All I am getting is this "BRICK!Sad" error.

Thanks!

-Greg
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR - "BRICK!" error
Because the AirSense 10 CPAP machine does not record detailed breath-by-breath data, it has been considered a dumb machine, or 'brick'. Of all the 18 old and new ResMed machines we have sample data for, none are your machine. I would very much like to see how much summary data is available; I doubt that there is enough data to draw the graphs of each night's sessions, but we should be able to present the summary data for each day.
I have sent a Private Message with a dropbox link where you can upload a zip file of your SD card; it would be a big help for the OSCAR team.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR - "BRICK!" error
GregB777,
I’m sorry that you got stuck with a “brick.” This is what we call a machine that does not record useful detailed data, only the basic summary data. I usually tell folk to return the machine when this happens....but you’ve had it for 3 years, so that’s not an option.

If you have insurance coverage, you would have to wait a couple more years before being eligible for a replacement. Or you can self fund for a newer data capable machine and keep that one as a backup.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 108 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,237 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 902 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR error reading AirSense 10 Data mjholdeman 6 1,827 12-01-2022, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Mspeker
Question New Version, Access Denied Error 5 wesozzzz 1 665 08-23-2022, 07:21 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  ResMed ResScan 7.0 - Error: Pure virtual function called biz1219 2 1,558 06-13-2022, 07:54 AM
Last Post: biz1219
  error building OSCAR from source: unknown warning option timpani 20 2,082 03-11-2022, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.