Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Bug Report - Pulse Oximetry
Question 
OSCAR Bug Report - Pulse Oximetry
1) My profile is up to date.
2) I am using SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2, and have OSCAR 1.0.1-r-1 X64 installed in Windows 10 Pro X64.
3) My primary issue with moving to OSCAR is that the software crashes when I attempt to import Pulse Oximetry Data from my Contec CMS50D+with 4.6 firmware.

In sleepyhead, I am able to get the oximetry data to load directly from the oximeter correctly under most circumstances.  There are some exceptions.
Import Process:
1) Load CPAP Data first.
2) In Daily view, In Daily Sidebar, Under Session Information, Note CPAP Session Start Date and Time that I want to match the oximetry data to.
3) Open Oximetry Wizard, Select Oximeter Type: "CMS50Fv3.7+/H/I, Pulox PO-400/500" 
(Note that I have a CMS50D+ with Firmware 4.6, but data will not import with "CMS50D+/E/F, Pulox PO-200/300" because Sleepyhead requires that the download be triggered from the Pulse Oximeter menu, but with Firmware 4.6 there is no menu option to do this.)
4) Make sure all selection boxes are unchecked.
5) Make sure oximeter is plugged in via its custom USB cable, hold only button on oximeter until menu is displayed.
6) Click "Import directly from a recording device" in Sleepyhead.  Sleepyhead finds and connects to Oximeter and downloads data.
7) I select the first option to align the start of the oximetry data with start of cpap data and manually enter the time that I noted from step 2 above.
(Note that the calendar will not display for me, I can select a month and year in drop down, but the calendar doesn't populate for me to select the day.  I can enter the time in 00:00:00xm format although there is also a bug where when entering the value, sleepyhead will skip the 5th number location 12:34:56xm, but I can click on it and fix it.)
8) Then I click to save and apply the data.  
(Note that as long as I am applying to last nights CPAP data, and as long is my CPAP session began before midnight, it will properly apply the data in Sleepyhead.)

In OSCAR, this will not work, OSCAR locks up and I have to kill it in Windows Task Manager.  I checked the CMS50D+ option in OSCAR, but it also will not work, because in firmware 4.6, there is no option to trigger the data download to the computer.

I am open to providing additional input to the team to help get this feature working.

If anyone knows if I am doing something wrong, please let me know!

Thank you,
dlbzone
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Bug Report - Pulse Oximetry
Thank your for the detailed report; I have logged it in our list of OSCAR issues.

It would be helpful to know whether this problem was introduced with SH 1.1.0 or with OSCAR. (OSCAR is a fork of SH 1.1.0 and has thus inherited any of its problems.) If you try importing oximetry data with SH 1.1.0, let us know whether it works or whether it fails in a similar way.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I downloaded and installed Sleepyhead 1.1.0-unstable-0 and the new dll file.  This crashes the same way as I described so the difference could have been introduced here.
Post Reply Post Reply
It probably was; I will add your observation to our log. Thanks for checking.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 144 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 133 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 158 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 611 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Seeking help with O2 report/OSCAR ejbpesca 26 1,478 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 546 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 124 19,804 12-28-2023, 01:41 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.