Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cant get Oscar to work [resolved, see post #3]
Cant get Oscar to work [resolved, see post #3]
Sleepyhead (broken GL version) works fine on my Dell Inspiron 1525. But after installing OSCAR (open GL), v. 1.0.1-r-1, the "Release Notes" page displays. After closing the notes page, the "loading profile" window opens; after showing 100% in the status bar, the main menu page displays briefly and then closes, without allowing me to edit or delete the profile. 

Also note in the attached photo how the main menu is "truncated" on the display screen, showing only the right side of the page.  It can not be moved, minimized or enlarged.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3x, using the Windows uninstall program feature.  (The second and third times I noticed the install program skipped the part where it asks for the location of SH data.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cant get Oscar to work
I located the imported profile under the User/documents/Oscar subdirectory, which was not deleted when uninstalling the program.  After deleting the file, I was able to rerun the program and decline to migrate the profile from SH.  After reinstalling the program I was able to go directly to the main menu page and add a profile. After setting up a new profile, the program still crashed immediately after selecting the profile.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you needed the brokenGL version of Sleepyhead to get Sleepyhead to run properly on your computer, you may need the equivalent functionality (called Legacy graphics) in OSCAR.

You might also want to try updating your graphics drivers from the Dell website.  More recent graphics drivers might also solve the problem.

Switching OSCAR to using legacy graphics requires editing the registry.  We have a registry script that will add the necessary field to the OSCAR data in the registry.  I'll send you a link to that in a PM.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
This worked.  Thanks for the information. Although I know nothing about registry editing, the link to the download worked. I just downloaded the script from the link to the subdirectory (where I download other files from various websites) and then clicked on the downloaded file. That's it!  No special knowledge about editing required. easy peasy. OSCAR opens fine now, and looks familiar. ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Oscar 1.5.1 Doesn't work on Somoma 14.3.1 biyahero 9 461 02-28-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: biyahero
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 665 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,566 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 789 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,670 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,550 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7
  OSCAR 1.4.0 not loading [solved, see post #2] clayesq 1 615 08-24-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: clayesq

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.