Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Bug?
OSCAR Bug?
Just wanted to point out what looks like a big in the statistical page on OSCAR.  Note the 30 day Min. Epap figure--I don't think that can be right.  Those working on this software may already be aware of this but if not just wanted to highlight.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Bug?
You may want to redact your personal info from that screen capture...
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you had Ramp On at any time when you first got the machine, the usual starting pressure is 4, so that 4.14 might be a reasonable starting EPAP.
Can you go back through the Daily Statistics panel to check the Ramp setting?
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks--I didn't see that.  I can't find an edit button--how do I edit the post?

You are absolutely right--I used the ramp on the first night only.  Makes sense now.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Found how to delete attachment so I did that since question has been answered.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whew!

It was just a guess, after all...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's another OSCAR anomaly I noticed.  On the chart is says the pressure max was 15.12 but the graph clearly shows it was 15.53 

I don't think it's a big deal but developers might want to explore.

Post Reply Post Reply
The 100% 15.12 in the statistics is a 95% value that has been used to knock off extreme outliers. We are aware and it will be addressed in the next version where we show a 95% and a 100% value.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the update.  Are these kind of observations helpful or should I not post this type of info?
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely post them! Most of the changes that are implemented originate from outside the OSCAR team.
I'll add to when we release the next version to download it and use it. There are many changes and fixes from both SleepyHead and OSCAR's original release. And we are still working on it. We have 'paused' just to get these changes out to you, the user. We have more changes planned for the future.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.