Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Charts - irregular breathing
OSCAR Charts - irregular breathing
Hi all,

I wanted to take the opportunity and ask for help. I have been on CPAP for about 2 months now. And while I do feel better than before (less dizziness, less sensitive for sound), I am far from recovered, still can't exercise due to overall weakness/tiredness. 

My AHI is relatively low, but I think there is room for improvement. 

When I compare my sleep charts to someothers on this board, It looks like mine is much more irregular. There are parts which are perfectly fine (see in GREEN on the screenshot, but there are also huge parts which look to have lots of arousals -> See in RED). For me, most nights look like this, with an AHI between 0.5 and 2.0. 

There aren't actually that much apnea events but the breathing itself seems very unstable. 

My questions:
a) am I correct to state that my breathing seems iregular, or is this perfectly normal.
b) what options do I have as to experimenting new settings on the Resmed 11 Autoset.

I am sleeping with EPR disabled because I get more central apneas from it. I've been reluctant towards increasing the pressure as It looks like my flow limitation is not too bad, but maybe others have different thoughts?

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Charts - irregular breathing
Those "red" portions are when you're in REM and the rough pattern of breathing is expected.

1. Your leaks are overall low but high when you have them (likely when you change positions) they are extreme and are likely causing arousals (micro-awakenings), are you using mouth tape? Can you tighten your nasal mask?
2. What has you starting / stopping your therapy so frequently?
3. Since your APAP range is so small - have you considered switching to constant pressure to find your ideal pressure? If I were you I'd start with 9cmH20 tonight and increase 1cmH20 per night until all light blue events disappear.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,551 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 288 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 350 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 128 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 355 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 201 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.