Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lucky7's therapy thread
RE: AirSense 10 running on Auto/EPR ON..Respirator Rate spikes?
Thanks again, you are great Smile

Here's one of the RERA's, I put the flow limitation on the bottom so you can see it.

Also, I didn't plan this. But I actually fell asleep on my side (which is not a thing I THOUGHT I could do) and probably stayed there for 4 hours until "bathroom time". 1 RERA (but I need to look at it more closely).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This confirms wat I was saying before, the flow limitation is gradually increasing, but the algorithm doesn’t detect it until it’s already severe. The algorithm determines flow limits on a time averaged basis, and unless peak flow is significantly lower than previous respiration in the past 30 to 90 seconds (I don’t know the algorithm specifics) it is not flagged or graphed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You've been super helpful thanks :Smile This stuff is actually really fascinating.

"I don't think you need to go to a soft cervical collar, but do consider your pillows and sleep position as tools to improve this."

So, I'm not a side sleeper by nature (was super suprised that I slept on my side last night. SUPER). Sooooooo, what are reasonable next steps, assuming supine is kind of the "default" position.

I can tell you that I wake up with my mouth somewhat open, pretty normal for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, so I raised the min pressure to 9.0 and now I'm seeing big swings in the flow rate during deep sleep, as well as resp rate spikes.

Didn't see this on 5.0-20.0 but I did see events. namely the RERA's.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Can someone change the tile of this to "Lucky7's therapy thread". Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lucky7's therapy thread
Done!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 60 1,030 52 minutes ago
Last Post: Little Olive
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 52 745 7 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 36 1,010 8 hours ago
Last Post: MaggieL
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 475 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 490 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 808 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,973 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.