Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR: Daily tab disabled, other issues
OSCAR: Daily tab disabled, other issues
Hello,

Been using Sleepyhead 1.0.0-beta for a long time.  Finally picked up OSCAR (v1.0.1-r-1).

I only use oxymetry data from an oxymeter (Contect CMS50F).

After creating new profile and importing oxymeter data, the Daily, Overview, Statistics tabs remain disabled. Cannot view the data.

On Profile tab, selecting (the only) and clicking "Open Profile" has no visible effect.  But I can "edit" the profile.

---

Prior to trying the new profile and new data, I tried to migrate Sleepyhead data. I was unable to view the data (tabs disabled) and an attempt to import new oxymetry data crashed OSCAR.  I uninstalled, deleted the OSCAR folder, tried the above (new profile, no data migration) but as stated, though the oxymetry wizard seems to collect data from the oxymeter, cannot access any of it.  Maybe OSCAR can only import sleepyhead 1.1.0 data?

---

I can see in the OSCAR_data folder that it did create my profile folder, and if I drill down there is a subfolder for my oxymeter, and in there is an events folder with one data file:  5dc4602d.001

So it appears the oxymetry wizard did its thing, but OSCAR won't let me view anything.

---

I could go on using sleepyhead, but really hoping this OSCAR version has fixed a bug where data gets duplicated and extended (literally random sections of several seconds exactly repeated 3 times -- impossible to be real data that happens to match by chance). This seems to result in the session data being extended to about 25% longer in total -- it has correct start time, but can have an "end time" that is later than the time I even import that data! (maybe this is a bug with the CSM50F?).

---

Help?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR: Daily tab disabled, other issues
Additional info:

I just recorded more oximeter data. Started OSCAR, went to profile page, select my profile, clicked "open" (nothing visibly happens there). While on profile page, with my profile selected, clicked "Oximetry", went through the oximetry wizard to load the data, with no indication of a problem.

Still can't view it in any way. Daily/Overview/Statistics tabs still disabled.

Is there maybe a bug where if there is no CPAP data or something, it won't show any oximetry data? I don't use CPAP, I have an oral appliance. I just want to look at oximetry data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2019, 03:35 PM)PurchanceToDream Wrote: Is there maybe a bug where if there is no CPAP data or something, it won't show any oximetry data?  I don't use CPAP, I have an oral appliance. I just want to look at oximetry data.

Yes, that is what is happening.  We have fixed that for the next release so you can use OSCAR for just Oximetry data and do not have to have CPAP data.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

Do you happen to know of the "data triplication" bug and/or whether it is fixed in OSCAR? (if fixed maybe it was in a later version of Sleepyhead I hadn't used).

Attached an image showing what I mean. Three maroon underlined section are identical, two of those sections of data are part of a pair of larger duplicated sections of data.  My oxymeter sessions always come out with about 25% more time than the actual recorded time, which I suspect might be due to multiple instances of this data repetition, though I have not verified that and it might be an unrelated bug.  Not sure these bugs warrant a thread until/unless I've seen them in OSCAR.  But just curious.

Also do you guys have nightlies and/or is the source in latest git revision reasonably stable if I want to muck with a download & build?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll ask about data triplication; I'll forward your question to someone else.

No, we do not have nightlies but you are certainly welcome to download and build the latest source from gitlab. Usually the latest revision is fairly stable; if not, it usually gets fixed pretty quickly.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The data duplication you noticed has been seen in SleepyHead and is still unresolved. Can you give us some details of your system which may help to find the problem?
What OS are you using, and has your CPU got multiple cores or hyper-threading?
Are you importing from a file or directly from the oximeter?
What is the model and firmware version of your oximeter?
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Windows 10, see image for specs. 8 cores.

I'm using the oximetry wizard, getting data directly from usb connected oximeter.

Model:  Contec CMS50F  (Sleepyhead identifies it as CMS50F37). Not sure how to get the firmware version.
The data folder is named:  CMS50F37_000040ca, so maybe that reflects firmware version?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, purchancetodream
The firmware version is displayed for a few seconds right after you turn on the oximeter.
iirc, it will say 'Ver. 3.7' or 'Ver. 3.9', although there are newer version (which seem to cause problems during import attempts).
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine actually says Ver 6.0.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 677 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 565 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  Can OSCAR calculate AHI for a selected time range on the daily? kenmai9 2 507 10-31-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: kenmai9
  Blank Areas on OSCAR Daily reports ejbpesca 13 1,004 10-15-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,598 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  1.5.0 New Search Functonality Causes UI Issues Gralli 14 644 09-06-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Gralli

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.