Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Data Anomaly? Missing 1 day out of 30.
OSCAR Data Anomaly? Missing 1 day out of 30.
Greetings,

I just uploaded the last 30 days of data from my Resmed machine into both Oscar and ResScan and for some reason, Oscar is saying i have no data for 3/7 but both the MyAir app and ResScan show differently.

I looked at the contents of the SD Card and there is a folder for 20200307 but all of the files in there begin with 20200308. This didn't appear to interfere with the actual data from 3/8 in Oscar or ResScan though.

I'm pretty sure this occurred on the ResMed device because of DST that changed at 0200 on 3/8 as that's the only thing that makes sense but this never happened before when I was using Sleepyhead.

So my question is can I just change the names of the files in the 20200307 folder to reflect the 7th in order to get them to load correctly in Oscar? Or is there information in the other files that needs to be changed as well?

Also, any idea as to why ResScan knew that this data was from the 7th but OSCAR did not?

Thanks,

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data Anomaly? Missing 1 day out of 30.
As a test, I just imported the data into my original Sleepyhead installation and got the same results so whatever is going on, Sleepyhead and Oscar are giving me the same results of no data for 3/7 while ResScan and the MyAir App both show the data for the 7th. So it could just have been a glitch in the Airsense Machine in dealing with DST, but the ResScan software seemed to know how to handle it I guess.

Anyone else missing the 7th?

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data Anomaly? Missing 1 day out of 30.
Don't change the file names in the 20200308 folder! You'll notice that the numbers after 20200308_ all start with 0something - indicating a time after midnight.

The ResMed machines know nothing of Daylight Saving Time, but the computer running OSCAR does, and the mix can confuse it. Usually, at the spring change, if there was a therapy break, there might be an hour overlap. I haven't seen a case like yours, but fixing the display mess at DST changes is on our list, but it is hard to set up test conditions.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 4 33 4 hours ago
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 81 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 227 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 108 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.