Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Data Help: A few bad wake ups per night
OSCAR Data Help: A few bad wake ups per night
I have been using my CPAP for 2 months now and feel better when I can sleep most of the night. Recently I've been waking up once or twice with my heart rate up a bit. Last night I woke up around 3 - 330am. Checking the data and it looks like Flow Rate might be an issue? Does this look irregular? I do sometimes feel like I'm not getting quite enough air. 

Currently using Mix and Max of about 7.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data Help: A few bad wake ups per night
That's not much to go on. Show a graph of the whole night with the respiratory and therapy statistics. Include Events, flow rate, pressure, flow limitation and leaks. That particular section seems to have fairly consistent rate and volume with three arousals. There may be flow limitation, but the zoom is inadequate to evaluate to the wave-form.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay - here are the additional graphs. I did pause the machine temporarily around 4 which is probably obvious to the experienced eye.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Which AirSense 10 do you have. Autoset or Elite? Also, Please review the links in my signature to help in acquiring and posting OSCAR images.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Autoset. Bonjour had previously recommended setting the min and max to the same setting since when I did have it on auto it didn't fluctuate much. 

Post Reply Post Reply
Does the data not show much? I was sleeping pretty well when I first got the machine but now I'm waking up with my heart beating a little harder. Wondering if it has to do with the breathing pressure during exhalation? Guess that's tough to determine here.

Other thought is it has to do with my straps being too tight? Or nothing to do with the CPAP at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is possible you are waking up from REM sleep, which is often reflected in an increased and irregular respiration rate. Your dream states might have caused you to experience a little uptick in your heart rate too. Without polysomnographic data, there's no way for you to confirm or disconfirm this hypothesis, but I hope it is reassuring to you to know that might be what is going on. (Further pure speculation: as you sleep better, you're getting more REM.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 928 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.