Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Data Interpretation Request
OSCAR Data Interpretation Request
Hello everyone,

I have been on CPAP therapy for the past year and in terms of efficacy, it has been hit or miss. I've had good days but I've also had a significant number of bad days with some days feeling worse than I ever did before I started treatment. I've spoken to my doctor about this on more than one occasion but it seems that my AHIs are normal so he is not concerned. I trust my doctor but I would like to get an opinion on if there is anything I could do to possibly improve my therapy. Since I have no idea how to read my OSCAR data, I'm hoping someone on this board could give me an idea if there is an obvious issue that I could adjust my settings and address. If there is any additional data that is needed or if I have provided the wrong data, please let me know. Thank you all in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data Interpretation Request
Do a bit of reading on what we call positional apnea. Your third example shows a period of this and all your data shows periods of reduced flow rates, some of which obviously end in RERAs. A positional apnea approach (selection of pillows, sleep position, avoiding chin tucking, potentially trying a cervical collar) may help avoid some of this. Here is a link to get started.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...tors%20and

The other main thing I noted is that there are some periods where your pressure is maxing out and the machine wants to go to higher pressure. This could be advantageous if it helps and doesn't cause other issues like aerophagia, leaks etc. If you have pressure limited because you know it causes issues then leave as is otherwise I would increase max pressure to 17 or 18 cm to see if that helps at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data Interpretation Request
Hello,

Thank you so much, this is a very enlightening response and I will give your recommendations a try!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 238 5 hours ago
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 181 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Data interpretation - Luna G3 Big Ultima Energy 3 86 04-14-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 107 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 384 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 23 1,244 04-11-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 108 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.